Fighting fit for Fifty... My journey this year.

Afternoon all :)

A good start to the morning with 30 mins (yes 30) of 'My fitness Coach' on the Wii... I did the cardio and it was really good.

My Positives for the day are:

1) Filled a 2 litre jug of water for the fridge just for me and will tick off on calender when it's empty each day. (Thanks Sarah)
2) Plan to have five lots of fruit or Veg as snacks today. (Thanks Steve)
3) Plan to turn my thought processing around today, I am now in control of what I plan to eat, I won't give in to emotional food craving. (Thanks Dawnie)

Menu planned for today

BREAKFAST

2 weetabix HEX B ?
SS Milk HEX A ?
Sweetener

Banana FAD Snack 1
Satsuma FAD Snack 2

LUNCH

Home made veg soup Superfree food ?
Granary bread 1 slice large ?? 6 syns
1 tsp Clover light 1 1/2 syns ??
Natural FF yog

Satsuma FAD Snack 3
Apple FAD Snack 4

DINNER

Jacket Pot Free Food
Baked Beans Free Food
scrambled egg Free Food
2 x quorn sausages Free food
Mushrooms and Onions fried in frylight Free Food

Banana FAD Snack 5

Last edited:
Afternoon all

A good start to the morning with yet another 30 mins of 'My fitness Coach' on the Wii...

Really getting into this minimins... Iv'e made some new friends some of them are very very silly indeed... I never thought it possible that I would ever meet anyone quite as bonkers as me but my 'match' has been well and truly met.... yes you know who you are..........

1) Got lots of paperwork done so feeling good about that.
2) Not feeling hungry today
3) feeling optimistic about weight loss today, I think I am getting the gist of things

Menu planned for today

BREAKFAST

3 slices ham

Banana
Satsuma

LUNCH

Mushroom Omelet
Baked beans
Granary bread 1 slice large HEXA ?
Natural FF yog

Satsuma
Apple

DINNER

Chicken fillets with oxo coating and garlic & Quark filling
Actifry Chips
Peas

Banana
Mullerlight yog

Last edited:
Really getting into this minimins... Iv'e made some new friends some of them are very very silly indeed... I never thought it possible that I would ever meet anyone quite as bonkers as me but my 'match' has been well and truly met.... yes you know who you are..........

1) Got lots of paperwork done so feeling good about that.
2) Not feeling hungry today
3) feeling optimistic about weight loss today, I think I am getting the gist of things

Menu planned for today

BREAKFAST

3 slices ham

Banana FAD 1
Satsuma FAD 2

LUNCH

Mushroom Omelet
Baked beans
Granary bread 1 slice large HEXA ?
Natural FF yog

Satsuma FAD Snack 3
Apple FAD Snack 4

Mini mars bar ? sins (bet it's a lot though)

DINNER

Chicken fillets with oxo coating
Actifry Chips
Peas
Mullerlight yog

Banana FAD Snack 5

I do not know to WHOM you could possibly be referring!

And just to prove how serious & sensible I am :)eek:) I need to point out that, although your food looks reasonable from a SW point of view, (though a bit low on the superfree with meals) if you're going to do the Five A Day, they are supposed to be 5 different things. You will have done 5 today, but that's from your mushrooms & peas. You can't count bananas and satsumas twice. Sorry.

By the way, it's also really nice to come across someone who can deal with my level of, errm, shall we say, "sense of humour" (to put it politely) without falling over and frothing at the mouth.

But I also have to say that if you ever, ever, EVER get mustard anywhere near my Jaffa Cakes, I'll come hunting you down with the heaviest weapon in my armoury.
I will leave the precise details to your imagination (for the moment at least. Unless & until you force me to take the threat up a level), but I can confirm that it does make the same note when you push as when you pull. And it can make grown men break out into hankie-shaking.

You Have Been Warned.

Ah. There you are.

Yes, it's time to stop working and come out & play.

Jaffa Cake? It's mustard-free. Well, it is until you catch me.

Which half?
Just the chocolate and orangey bit?
Or just the cakey bit.

Or do I have to cut it in half down the middle and give you a bit of all of it?

Hello Dawn x

Ooh...nice to see my SIS wreaking havoc on here instead of my diary! *sneaks quietly away through back door*

Well, today started well with 30 minutes of 'My fitness Coach'.
Then all went pear shaped! Andy's hickman line fell out whilst he was drying himself after his shower. Blood everywhere so I called the Ambulance and as we are rural the LIVES First Responder turned up first. She was lovely and very understanding as her son (24) has a Hickman line in for Lymphoma treatment. We had already stemmed the flow with compression so she just applied a dressing. The ambulance crew turned up a few minutes after and were really good, they worked really well with the FR and after phoning the hospital unit Andy is under it was decided not to take him in as the bleeding was under control.. We were very relieved !
He is sitting still and taking it easy as we don't want to start it off again.

Crisis over so:-

My Menu today

BREAKFAST

35G Porridge with ss milk Hex A & B

SNACK

Banana

LUNCH

Home made Pea, Carrot and Potato soup
1 Slice Granary Bread 6 syns ??
Clover Light 1 1/2 syns ??

1 Homemade scone and clover light 10 syns ???

SNACK

Satsuma
Apple

DINNER

Change to original plan as I am not feeling too good tonight and tbh can't find the enthusiasm to cook. Not very SW friendly and loaded with syns but hey ho! It's Saturday night.

Sausage Small Lincolnshire ? syns
Crust of W/M bread 6 syns ?
Clover light 1 1/2 Syns
dot of TK ? syns

1 snack size Mars Bar ?? Syns.

Mullerlight yog

I think when I get my book I will be horrified at the syn values I have had.
But in my defence I have cut down on what I would have eaten not so long ago so that's moving in the right direction..

Last edited:
... And it's only going to get worse: you've still got my fred to read...

Glad it's all under control now, and I hope ( joking apart) that the day really does get better.

... have a good night's sleep hun. You've had a tough day and a mini Mars was definitely called for! Here's to tomorrow for you and Andy.

Pomooky XXX

Back