Fighting the Fat

Hi!

I'm new, as you can probably tell by my post count. I started Lighter life 2 weeks ago. I'm now finishing my second week (weigh in tonight so excited).

Starting lighter Life Total really was the only option for me. I tried the dukan diet for 2 weeks and I lost a few pounds but seriously got sick to death of all the thinking about what I couldn't eat. I was totally obsessing about food which meant I didn't enjoy it and just gave up.

I really wanted to start this diet a while ago but I spoke to a few people and didn't realise how many people were just so negative about it. So I've decided to not tell alot of people about my weight loss plans and I'm just going to get on with it!

I really am SO positive about it. I lost 11 pounds in my first week and can already see that my work trousers which were once VERY tight is now a little baggy. So I'm looking forward to my second weigh in tonight to find out how much I've lost.

I have gone on abit for a first post but I had to let off steam!

Will update later with my weight loss and hopefully I'll update here weekly...its nice keeping some sort of diary!!

Hello and welcome to minimins!
Good luck on ur weight loss journey if u stick at it 100% it is the best diet in my opinion!
Such a shame some people are so negative but good on you for not listening!!!
All the best Tia x

Hi!

I'm new, as you can probably tell by my post count. I started Lighter life 2 weeks ago. I'm now finishing my second week (weigh in tonight so excited).

Starting lighter Life Total really was the only option for me. I tried the dukan diet for 2 weeks and I lost a few pounds but seriously got sick to death of all the thinking about what I couldn't eat. I was totally obsessing about food which meant I didn't enjoy it and just gave up.

I really wanted to start this diet a while ago but I spoke to a few people and didn't realise how many people were just so negative about it. So I've decided to not tell alot of people about my weight loss plans and I'm just going to get on with it!

I really am SO positive about it. I lost 11 pounds in my first week and can already see that my work trousers which were once VERY tight is now a little baggy. So I'm looking forward to my second weigh in tonight to find out how much I've lost.

Will update later with my weight loss and hopefully I'll update here weekly...its nice keeping some sort of diary!!

I felt exactly the same, but within two weeks I was telling everyone and anyone who asked. In some ways, being up front is easier as I don't have to make endless excuses as to why I'm not having a biscuit, cake, etc. And to be honest, within two-three weeks everyone is noticing and most are asking!! I started full of fear after reading and listening to so much negativity about LL, but for me it has been the one thing that has worked in over 30 years. The first week, I was going out to my car to have my packs! Even now, after my enthusiastic reply to the question of what I've been doing, some will caution me that it is impossible to maintain, that they've known others who have put it all back on and more and other 'knock you down' statements. Ignore them. And enjoy this wonderful, self-affirming process. This forum is brilliant - a better bunch of people you couldn't hope to find.

TwentySomething said:
Hi!

Hi and welcome,
Fantastic 1st loss,well done you!

Your doing it for you,not them.
Keep thinking positive it will be worth it!!

Good luck for your weigh in later and the rest of your LL journey!

Sexy xx

Hi!

Thanks for giving me such a warm welcome, I really have noticed the forum is really positive and supportive and has already helped a lot!

Had my second weigh and I lost 4 pounds. I was kind of disappointed really which is mad because I've already lost 1 stone 1 pound in just 2 weeks!

Must be because I had such a big lose last week. Still staying strong though and not having the urge to cheat at all. Although all the food in the office is driving me mad!

If we could just keep having our week one losses every week....<swoon> :D We all go through the "ohhhh" at our second weigh in and then like you realise - hang on - thats massive losses in just 2 weeks!! :D So well done - you are of to a cracking start!!!

Work food is hard - but it does get easier. But yeah, our office always has food laying around...i wish they didn;t. But we just have to do our best - its easier on the diet resisting as when you are in ketosis you wont really be that interested. Its towards the end of the diet and afterwards that you really gotta kick in your positive choices!!

Keep on going! You are doing good! :)

x

Well done on a fantastic start, what a great loss

A big pah to the negative people, people who dont have a food 'problem' always seem to feel the need to tell us what to do to lose weight - a big butt out I say.

Anyway I hope to be joining your great start as I am off to my first session tomorrow evening and am very excited. Hope the rest of the week goes well xx

I agree with Vanda - some people always seem to feel the need to tell you the way they know it's going to be, as if that somehow makes them feel superior. But it's not their business to tell you what to do, and they couldn't be more wrong anyway. There's not a single diet in the world that makes you pile all the weight back on when you've finished - it's what you do after the diet that influences that. And that's where LighterLife really comes into its own - by helping you make informed choices on an ongoing basis.

So well done on taking the plunge, and welcome to the forum! :)

well done on your loss so far and good luck with your journey, good on you for ignoring all the haters lol im a newbie too and although i start next week i havent told anyone yet, people are sooo negative sometimes but i think at least i will be a skinny happy minny and youll be a miserable skinny cow!!!!!

Hi Everyone!

Hope you're all doing well. I'm still sticking to it! Just brought size 18 trousers!!! so awesome and now people are noticing.

I'm almost half way there!

Almost 3 stones lost, yay!! Go you!!

Back