Fighting the food demons.

Rayven1979

Hello guys and gals! Have decided to jump back on the weight loss train. Originally 18 stone 9, now down to 15 stone 12...... serial yoyo dieter, I have tried and failed every diet in the book. The only time I've ever been slim is when I lost a load of weight calorie counting, but obvs put it all back on again..... and more. 😔
I have four gorgeous kids, the eldest of whom starts college in September, I turn 40 next year and am getting married late next year too so am really feeling that kick up the bum to sort my weight out once and for all!
I'm looking to hit my goal of 9 stone 12 before I get married. Both myself and my partner have been married before and my first wedding was awful! Aside from the fact I didn't really want to get married (should've run in the opposite direction! Lol) My dress was a size 26 and I felt hideous! I don't want to feel like that this time. I wanna get back to being hot mama! Lol

So day 1. Have decided to go with around 1350 calories. My fitness app tells me I should be having 1200 but it doesn't take into consideration my starting size.
Today has gone pretty well & I haven't really felt hungry. Feel really tired this evening though.... although that's probably lack of sleep related instead of lack of food. Good nights sleep will sort me out. I'm struggling to drink enough water though. Water is a tough one.

Welcome back!

I'm doing calorie counting as well but having a SF shake once a day to keep me going. I lost 14lbs in 6 weeks before Easter and then went on holiday and put some back on so started over again on Monday.

I personally love calorie counting as it isn't at all restrictive. I try to stick to 1000 - 1200 calories a day.

Water is also my big problem, I never drink enough!

Hope you're feeling positive today....good luck!!

Thanks littlemiss. Funny you should mention SF but I got some shakes in yesterday as I don't eat in the morning, am in work for 10 and then get off at 3 by which time I'm famished. (Don't get a lunch break, so taking proper food is a no) Thought maybe if I has a shake it might take the edge off.
Feel good today. Measured out my milk for tea so I know how many cals I'm having, and switched from sugar to low cal sweetener tabs. Day 2 underway. I think if I can get a whole week under my belt it will feel easier. 😁

The wonders of mini corn on the cob!
I've discovered my new go to snack food. Mini corn on the cob, 64 cals and healthy AF! Why oh why have I not been eating more of this?!

I'm the same. I take a shake to work as I don't eat until about 1. I've never been one for breakfast so will snack on a banana or mini bag of crisps in the morning, then have my shake at about 1.30 and it sees me through until dinner.
I don't like corn on the cob but yes I would imagine it is very low calorie. I sometime have a bit of salad or prepacked chicken as a snack.

Well today I decided to walk to and from work instead of taking the car. Not a huge thing for most people but I don't walk anywhere! Food wise im not brilliant.

Problem being I flip flop from wanting to be this slim, meditating, hippy style, festival going, artist to wanting to be this bbw, happy go lucky, comfortable in her own skin, more junk in her trunk than a Cadillac, plus sized diva.

Well today I decided to walk to and from work instead of taking the car. Not a huge thing for most people but I don't walk anywhere! Food wise im not brilliant.

Problem being I flip flop from wanting to be this slim, meditating, hippy style, festival going, artist to wanting to be this bbw, happy go lucky, comfortable in her own skin, more junk in her trunk than a Cadillac, plus sized diva.

Haha I know exactly what you mean. I am the same but with holidays. I spend about 3 months of the year on holiday and really live my life to the max but then I come home and have to get back in the zone and back on the diet until my next holiday. It's when I start feeling comfortable it all goes wrong because I think sod the diet and then gain a stone or two.

Stick with it hun, you'll get there. You can be happy go lucky and still diet. Just diet when you've got nothing planned :)

Hey, I discovered mini corn on the cob last weekend too - very yummy!

How are you getting on? x

Back