Filling breakfast........

Tracey1000

Since starting CC I've been having 1 slice wholemeal toast with a scraping of total fat free yoghurt, 1 boiled egg and1 grilled tomato which has kept me going until lunch time. Yesterday I had special K with skimmed milk and 1/2 a banana and was hungry again 2 hours later. I read somewhere if you have some protein (i.e the egg) at breakfast it helps to keep you full longer - seems there is truth in it. Special K just isn't filling for me at all. Shame I've got a whole box of it left - won't be buying it again.

What do you all have for a filling breakfast and how long does it keep you going?

porridge... I never looked back from those nasty cereals after I got used to the taste of porridge. You can get it plain, or get some nice flavoured sachets (oats so simple do loads of flavours and the boxes are often on offer)

The plan sachets are only 98 calories!

It hasn't got a huge amount of protein but it is brilliant for keeping you full :)

Porridge is really filling, brilliant on these colder days!

I have two crumpets (Tesco ones are 75 cals each) with a teaspoon of peanut butter on each. It melts into the holes and is heavenly. Depending on what I'm doing that day it can keep me going well into the afternoon.

thanks

that's a good idea. You've reminded me I had one of these at a friends house last year - think it was syrup flavour. Will give it a go. Your weigh loss is amazing. You've lost tons. How long has it taken you?

I must be odd...I don't find the Oastosimple filling at all but I am a greedy piggy and need a LOT of food to feel full (hence why I'm so overweight!). I can never be bothered to make a cooked brekkie so I either have shreddies or weetabix (usually with a small banana) at approx 9am and I'm usually full till 11.30ish. So really only 2-2.5hrs of fullness.

ChubLock said:
I must be odd...I don't find the Oastosimple filling at all but I am a greedy piggy and need a LOT of food to feel full (hence why I'm so overweight!). I can never be bothered to make a cooked brekkie so I either have shreddies or weetabix (usually with a small banana) at approx 9am and I'm usually full till 11.30ish. So really only 2-2.5hrs of fullness.

I snack a lot, never sure wats best some say 3 meals a day some say 6 smaller meals? Most days I don't have a lunch just lots of snacks...

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yesterday I had special K with skimmed milk and 1/2 a banana and was hungry again 2 hours later. I read somewhere if you have some protein (i.e the egg) at breakfast it helps to keep you full longer - seems there is truth in it. Special K just isn't filling for me at all. Shame I've got a whole box of it left - won't be buying it again.
?

It's so strange how each person body works, I find special K keeps me going really well until lunch.

This morning I changed it a bit and had a chopped apple with a 0% Shape Yoghurt and some museli all mixed together. That tasted good and get me full until lunch. I also find peanutbutter great on some seeded bread (although have to measure it out otherwise I way over eat on it!)

I have porridge on a morning. I do early shifts at work and you can buy the just add water tubs which help me keep away from the toast, lurpack and jam my colleges have. I find porridge keeps me going till lunch far better then cereal or breakfast bars :) and its sooooo cheap! Bonus. X

Back