Fillymum

is that a Welsh Cob section D?

No he is a Welsh Mountain Pony section A.

He is called Red Dragon. We imported him some years for some friends. He is living in Majorca now.

He is spectacular.
Did you watch any of the Royal Welsh??
I had it on S4C on the T.V. and had the main ring on my computer.

It was fantastic.

one of the horses that I used to look after won the Royal Welsh, (i think twice), which is very unusal for a London horse to win the Section D section. His name was Mitchel Troy Surviour. He was liver chestnut and gorgeous. He was a gentle stallion. but they could never get an offspring as good as him. I think he passed away a few years ago now.
I have a pendant made out of his tail hair.

images

He won in the driving section in 1985 and

and 1990 and was often 3rd in the in hand classes. He was lovely.

Did you work for the Rainhill Stud Tara ?

oh my god that is Troy. His owner is driving him, his name is Wagger. No i worked at Newham Riding School for the disabled, at the time it was run by Linda Greaves (obe or mbe). Sadly I learnt that she passed away a few years ago. (even though she treated me like s**t, i think it is a sad loss to the equestrian world).
The people that bought Troy had him in a stable that caught fire hence he was named Survivour. He was sold to Wagger but the people that originally had him never had one as good as him. as his stables caught fire and he survived. His owners never had a winner like him again and i think that they regretted selling him. I had never heard of Rainhill Stud before i never knew that it was where Troy came from. Well i never.

I also looked after a horse called Holygrove Playboy, he was a welsh section D but a palomino and i loved him too. (just incase you find a picture of him !!)

Last edited:
Back