Filo pastry mince pie?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by vicky1804, 25 November 2011 Social URL.

1. vicky1804

vicky1804 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st1lb(25.91%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Evening,
    Mince pies are my ultimate downfall at xmas.
    I saw these mentioned elsewhere at 4 syns each and was hoping someone could give me the recipe please?

Thanks

Last edited: 25 November 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lottie12

Lottie12 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st0.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    My own way
    I love mince pies too. SW consultant told us that best syn value ones are sainsburys mini pies with pastry star on top at 5 syns each

4. Kristina88

Kristina88 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    How about this one on the SW website;

Get into the Christmas spirit - Slimming World style with these festive mince tarts are sure to go down a treat with everyone!
    information

Serves: 32
    Prep time: 30 minutes + resting time
    Cook time: 15 minutes
    Syns per serving:
    [​IMG]3.5[​IMG]3.5[​IMG]3.5

ingredients

Fry Light for spraying

For the pastry:
    227g/8oz plain flour
    pinch of salt
    113g/4oz margarine or butter
    cold water, for mixing

For the filling:
    16 level tbsp mincemeat
    1 level tbsp icing sugar for dusting

method

1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Lightly spray some bun trays with Fry Light.
    2. Make the pastry. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Add the fat, cut up into little pieces. Gently rub it in with your fingertips. Add sufficient cold water to mix to a ball that leaves the sides of the bowl clean. Rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
    3. Roll out the pastry thinly on a lightly floured surface. Cut out 32 rounds with a 7½cm/3in fluted cutter. Use to line the prepared bun tins.
    4. Divide the mincemeat between the pastry cases. Roll out the remaining pastry trimmings and make some little stars witha small star cutter. Use to decorate the tops of the tarts.
    5. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until the pastry is crisp and lightly coloured. Cool on a wire rack and dust lightly with sifted icing sugar.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.