Filo pastry mince pie?

vicky1804

Evening,
Mince pies are my ultimate downfall at xmas.
I saw these mentioned elsewhere at 4 syns each and was hoping someone could give me the recipe please?

Thanks

Last edited:
I love mince pies too. SW consultant told us that best syn value ones are sainsburys mini pies with pastry star on top at 5 syns each

How about this one on the SW website;

Get into the Christmas spirit - Slimming World style with these festive mince tarts are sure to go down a treat with everyone!
information

Serves: 32
Prep time: 30 minutes + resting time
Cook time: 15 minutes
Syns per serving:
bullet-amazing-support.gif
bullet-root.gif
bullet-healthy-eating.gif

ingredients

Fry Light for spraying

For the pastry:
227g/8oz plain flour
pinch of salt
113g/4oz margarine or butter
cold water, for mixing

For the filling:
16 level tbsp mincemeat
1 level tbsp icing sugar for dusting

method

1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5. Lightly spray some bun trays with Fry Light.
2. Make the pastry. Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Add the fat, cut up into little pieces. Gently rub it in with your fingertips. Add sufficient cold water to mix to a ball that leaves the sides of the bowl clean. Rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Roll out the pastry thinly on a lightly floured surface. Cut out 32 rounds with a 7½cm/3in fluted cutter. Use to line the prepared bun tins.
4. Divide the mincemeat between the pastry cases. Roll out the remaining pastry trimmings and make some little stars witha small star cutter. Use to decorate the tops of the tarts.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until the pastry is crisp and lightly coloured. Cool on a wire rack and dust lightly with sifted icing sugar.

Back