Finally cracked the mousse!!

baby_callalillies

I just discovered the joys of CD mousse all but 2 weeks ago....but i couldnt get the consistency perfect. The 150ml water makies it far too thick.:(

Alas, today i managed it, only for the kids to run off with my little pots! Hmmmmm

lol

yeah, thats what i wanted it to look like...

i just kept adding more water and then decided to add less of the gelatine.... I dont have precise measurements, but the stuff i made before was like glue lumps yuk.

my mousse attempts are always terrible! there are always little lumps of the geletin stuff sitting it in and it totally puts me off!

any tips?

my mousse attempts are always terrible! there are always little lumps of the geletin stuff sitting it in and it totally puts me off!

any tips?

How long do you blend it for? I blend it for a minute, but I move the hand blender about, tilt it at an angle so the mix turns over, and hold it just into the mix so it splurges about. All in an effort to get loads of air into is, and I think this helps even out the gelatine.

i used to mix the shake powder and the mix a mousse first before adding the water and blending it well, then into a bowl and into the fridge. mine used to come out solid but i like it that way :)

oh and the kids running off with the cd products, i was at a coffee morning at my wee girls special school and i set the tetra on the floor while i looked at some forms, went to pick it up to find a few of the kids had crawled over and had shared it amongst themselves

i used to mix the shake powder and the mix a mousse first before adding the water

Same here; I open the shake packet, tip a scoop of mixamousse into it, close it up and shake the packet so the gelatine is mixed in with the shake. Then tip the lot into the cold water together.

Same here; I open the shake packet, tip a scoop of mixamousse into it, close it up and shake the packet so the gelatine is mixed in with the shake. Then tip the lot into the cold water together.

yep i find this way you dont end up with any white lumps of gelatine in it

I do the same - far smoother end result.

For making up the mousse, I don't use a hand blender - I have one of those 'smoothie' blenders and whizz the whole lot up in that. Every time I use a hand blender there's a splatting experience and I end up wearing whatever I'm blending :(

I follow the 'structions that are on the 1st page of the recipe section - up there *points upwards* Cold water (and ice as a choice) in the glass, add the shake and powder directly in, don't start mixing it beforehand and whizz away. I do now put it in the freezer instead of the fridge. Just love the mousse.

Back