Finally decided to try, not sooo bad...

soozsb

Xmas goal, here I come!
So I finally decided to give judders a try after much thought and reading of peoples diaries and journey on judders.
Yesterday was a DD. I had just under 500 cal.
I had a protein shake 95
a soup 100
60 pretzel sticks 135
3/4 c of coke 90
for a grand total of - 420
It wasn't a terrible day, but I did think on and off about food throughout the day and was happy to go to bed w/o having cheated.Today UP
Had just over 2100 calories - surprising how fast they add up! No wonder I weigh so much, lol.
and strangely enough I look forward to the next DD and not eating so much. Also very worried about gaining back the weight I lost. Well , will see on Saturday and then will decide if I continue or not.:)

Good luck soozsb, hope it all goes really well for you. I love juddd. Sounds like a great down day, just one thought tho to save on those cals, why don't you have diet coke instead of regular? Tastes just as good (well better in my opinion, I've never been able to drink regular coke) and will save you those cals as a can of diet coke only has 1 calorie :)

Thanks stirky for the response. I know you're right , but I can't stand the taste of diet pops.
But today is a down day and I have planned it better. Yesterday I think I ate alittle too much may 150 cal to much. So have to be really good today.
On today's menu:
1 soup mid-day - 70 cal
dinner 1 soup - 70 cal
pm snack
40 pretzels - 95cal
1 mini coke - 100 cal
for a grand total of da, da , da,da 335cals
yeah!
Do you find when you eat a little too much on ud that if on down day you eat less then you're okay?

I wouldn't worry too much about up days. TBH I think we've all gone a bit ott on them especially at first. I found they do level off and you find you stop wanting to eat everything in sight, plus you start consciously making healthier choices and looking at calories in things and thinking, no I don't want that. Also you may crave something on a DD thinking I'll definitely eat that tomorrow, but by the next day you don't want it. It's sticking with the DDs 100% that is the really important thning, of course none of us would lose weight if we really binged on UDs, but if we're sensible we'll be fine :)

Yeah... don't worry about counting your calories on your UD......

I know that is easier said than done...because mentally I still try to add my calories when I can on my UDs.... LOL

We eat out a lot on our UDs and we are still losing... but I do try to make good choices most of the time when we eat out.......

however, if you find you are not losing anything..... you might want to start watching your calories more on your UDs until you get things under control.....

If my weight loss starts to slow down more, or if it stops, then I will go back to counting my calories on my UDs to make sure Im not OVER eating on my UDs....

Its a great diet! :)

I think I become a little obsessed b/c i am so scared I will ruin what I accomplished on my down day,so its hard not to count claories, but at the same time like you said its hard to not eat everything in site. I really have to control myself on those UD. I think you're right about counting until I become more sure of myself on my ud and see that I am still losing weight .

Back