Finally got it!!

lwtblb

Silver Member
After months of shall I, shan't I, today I finally bought a tefal actifry!!! yay!!!

Made some chips for tea with frylite & they were great!!

Some of the recipes in the book look great, but does anyone have any SW friendly ones they've tried & would recommend?

Thanks in advance.

Glad you enjoyed chick :)
x

ooooohhhh whats this ?

It's a low fat fryer, says you only need 1 tbsp oil to cook most things, but it also works with frylite, so anything you would normally do in a fryer, you should be able to cook in this with frylite...how fab is that?

At that price I shall have to give it a miss! But then I swore I would use my G.Foreman grill and now it only comes out with the extension cable in the garden for BBQs! Hey! I just saved £100! What can I spend it on:rolleyes:

At that price I shall have to give it a miss! But then I swore I would use my G.Foreman grill and now it only comes out with the extension cable in the garden for BBQs! Hey! I just saved £100! What can I spend it on:rolleyes:

Think it depends on the person, I've bought all sorts of gadgets that are SW friendly & I use them all regularly!!

SW friendly gadgets
I have a george forman
an electric 3 tier steamer (which i use with a timer so it switches on and starts cooking before i get home!)
A Slow cooker
A pressure cooker

Plus i have my fave microwave ommlette maker and lots of other stuff for cooking in the microwave for when im in a rush

I cant think of anymore but im sure there are ,

I have 2 actifrys (i loved mine so much my Mum bought one but couldn't get on with it, so I had it!)
I find all other chips/roasties far too fatty now. I us iteaspoon of olive oil to cook chips for 5. Frozen oven chips need no fat added at all!

SW friendly gadgets
I have a george forman
an electric 3 tier steamer (which i use with a timer so it switches on and starts cooking before i get home!)
A Slow cooker
A pressure cooker

Plus i have my fave microwave ommlette maker and lots of other stuff for cooking in the microwave for when im in a rush

I cant think of anymore but im sure there are ,

I have all of these things, except I don't have a George Foreman, but have very similar things.

I also have a combi microwave, great for quick Roasties and an ice cream maker, it's really easy & quick to make syn free/low syn ice cream.

I considered this too, but someone said (on amazon comments) that they tend to 'mush' the chips up. when you said you did chips for 5 did you take ages ? or can you do loads in it at once??

Can do about a kilo. Didn't mash them up though!

Any recipes anyone??

One of my fave things to do is:

Dice some potatoes with or without skins its up to you, slice some onions keeping them quite chunky and use either frylight or olive oil it your choice. Cook until the potato is cooked through. Then add mushrooms and tomatoes. Yummy as a side dish or you could slice some quorn sausages into about 1in pieces and put them in at the same time as mushrooms.

Oooh Suziewoozie, I was hoping to hear from you, I know you are a huge fan.

I want all your recipes!! LOL!!!

Only if you don't mind!?

You can cook anything in there. I like doing the mediteranean veggies. Mushrooms are so nice.
I cook all the quorn stuff and its the only way I will cook roast tatties now.

Back