finally im starting to notice the weight loss!!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by aislingb, 3 March 2011 Social URL.

1. aislingb

aislingb loves a curlywurly

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.5lb(16.15%)
    Diet:
    slimming world(extra easy)
    Hi everyone.. after lsing 1 st 5.5 lbs over the last 8 wks im finally starting to see it(just a little bit) im sure im not alone in feeling like this,and there are lots of u that feel the same! im so used to being overweight and looking in the mirror and hating what i see im still finding it hard to get used to the fact my body is starting to change.i actually even questioned whether i was actually losing weight even though the results speak for themselves every week when i get on the scales! I have this thing in my head where i see myself a certain way and i really need to change that or ill never be satisfied no matter what weight i lose!
    On the upside I bought a gorgeous dress today and its the probably the first time ive noticed that im losing weight so im so happy about that!! I think its the first time i smiled when looking at myself too for the first time in a very long time!!
    and i just wanted to say too that u people here are so lovely and supportive and listening to your stories are amazing ive picked up lots of things from u all so :thankyou:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. gl12282

gl12282 Plodding on.......

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(18.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Body Optimise
    Hi Aisling,

I'm so glad you are starting to see the differences. It took me a long time to see the differences (although I could feel them long before then). It gives you a real boost and will spur you. Look forward to plenty more of that to come !

Gail x

4. Cheekypasterfield

Cheekypasterfield Rather comfy here

Start Weight:
    11st2.4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0.4lb(0.26%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Discover/Vintage Points
    Hiya

Well done! I know its really hard to see the new you blossoming especially when you've had so many years feeling negative towards yourself.

When I lost the weight the first time, I was given a really good tip. I was told to stand in the mirror and focus on all the 'good' bits I liked about myself. Tell myself why I liked them and dont focus on any parts I didnt like. I was told to do this every morning and overtime looking in the mirror got easier.

Good luck

5. misspaf

misspaf Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8.5lb(21.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I haven't noticed any weight loss. I've lost 1st 9.5lbs and I thought I would go down at least a dress size but still a size 18/20. When I started this, the main thing I wanted was to be a size 12 at least and didn't really care how many stone I was.

I hope I'll fit into a size 16 comfortably soon!

6. Maverick

Maverick Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(5.1%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I can't really see a difference in myself yet. I have only lost half a stone, but don't have a massive amount to lose. I was hoping my double chin would have disappeared now, as that's my bf's measure of my weight loss lol. Unfortunately it's still there. I think my trousers are slacker - but also I think they have stretched massively because I was too fat for them to start with!!! x

7. hazysummer

hazysummer Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Maverick - try these I try and do when I'm on the loo or waiting for the kettle...not pretty but it does help! Don't overdo it the first day though, pulling a muscle in your neck is oddly painful!

8. MommyNOriana

MommyNOriana Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(8.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have a relatively small frame - started at 160 lbs and I'm now down to 147. FINALLY noticing it! I looked in the mirror yesterday and I was like "whoa! I actually look thinner!" I thought for sure I'd see it around the 10 lb mark, but apparently those 3 extra pounds did the trick! It's bound to show eventually. Just enjoy the ride.

And while we're on the subject, I haven't noticed much weight loss in my thighs or legs...but last night...I noticed that I've lost weight in my...ehm...nether regions?! lmao Sorry to share that bit, but I thought maybe you're losing weight...just not in the most visible places!!! hahahaha

9. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

aww well done babe - glad you are noticing - its fab!!! xxx

10. Dizzi-G

Dizzi-G Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Blimey you really can feel those can't you!!

11. aislingb

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.5lb(16.15%)
    Diet:
    thanks gail :) i think when u have a perception of yourself and u put yourself down for so long its hard to change habits but i know ill get there in the end.im going for my 1 1/2 stone and club 10 next week :cross:

12. gl12282

gl12282 Plodding on.......

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(18.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Body Optimise
    Fingers crossed for you. Keep us posted.

Gail x

13. aislingb

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.5lb(16.15%)
    Diet:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.