finally im starting to notice the weight loss!!!

aislingb

loves a curlywurly
Hi everyone.. after lsing 1 st 5.5 lbs over the last 8 wks im finally starting to see it(just a little bit) im sure im not alone in feeling like this,and there are lots of u that feel the same! im so used to being overweight and looking in the mirror and hating what i see im still finding it hard to get used to the fact my body is starting to change.i actually even questioned whether i was actually losing weight even though the results speak for themselves every week when i get on the scales! I have this thing in my head where i see myself a certain way and i really need to change that or ill never be satisfied no matter what weight i lose!
On the upside I bought a gorgeous dress today and its the probably the first time ive noticed that im losing weight so im so happy about that!! I think its the first time i smiled when looking at myself too for the first time in a very long time!!
and i just wanted to say too that u people here are so lovely and supportive and listening to your stories are amazing ive picked up lots of things from u all so :thankyou:

Hi Aisling,

I'm so glad you are starting to see the differences. It took me a long time to see the differences (although I could feel them long before then). It gives you a real boost and will spur you. Look forward to plenty more of that to come !

Gail x

Hiya

Well done! I know its really hard to see the new you blossoming especially when you've had so many years feeling negative towards yourself.

When I lost the weight the first time, I was given a really good tip. I was told to stand in the mirror and focus on all the 'good' bits I liked about myself. Tell myself why I liked them and dont focus on any parts I didnt like. I was told to do this every morning and overtime looking in the mirror got easier.

Good luck

I haven't noticed any weight loss. I've lost 1st 9.5lbs and I thought I would go down at least a dress size but still a size 18/20. When I started this, the main thing I wanted was to be a size 12 at least and didn't really care how many stone I was.

I hope I'll fit into a size 16 comfortably soon!

I can't really see a difference in myself yet. I have only lost half a stone, but don't have a massive amount to lose. I was hoping my double chin would have disappeared now, as that's my bf's measure of my weight loss lol. Unfortunately it's still there. I think my trousers are slacker - but also I think they have stretched massively because I was too fat for them to start with!!! x

Maverick - try these I try and do when I'm on the loo or waiting for the kettle...not pretty but it does help! Don't overdo it the first day though, pulling a muscle in your neck is oddly painful!

I have a relatively small frame - started at 160 lbs and I'm now down to 147. FINALLY noticing it! I looked in the mirror yesterday and I was like "whoa! I actually look thinner!" I thought for sure I'd see it around the 10 lb mark, but apparently those 3 extra pounds did the trick! It's bound to show eventually. Just enjoy the ride.

And while we're on the subject, I haven't noticed much weight loss in my thighs or legs...but last night...I noticed that I've lost weight in my...ehm...nether regions?! lmao Sorry to share that bit, but I thought maybe you're losing weight...just not in the most visible places!!! hahahaha

Hi Aisling,

I'm so glad you are starting to see the differences. It took me a long time to see the differences (although I could feel them long before then). It gives you a real boost and will spur you. Look forward to plenty more of that to come !

Gail x

thanks gail :) i think when u have a perception of yourself and u put yourself down for so long its hard to change habits but i know ill get there in the end.im going for my 1 1/2 stone and club 10 next week :cross:

Fingers crossed for you. Keep us posted.

Gail x

Back