Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

finally im starting to notice the weight loss!!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by aislingb, 3 March 2011 Social URL.

1. aislingb

aislingb loves a curlywurly

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.5lb(16.15%)
    Diet:
    slimming world(extra easy)
    Hi everyone.. after lsing 1 st 5.5 lbs over the last 8 wks im finally starting to see it(just a little bit) im sure im not alone in feeling like this,and there are lots of u that feel the same! im so used to being overweight and looking in the mirror and hating what i see im still finding it hard to get used to the fact my body is starting to change.i actually even questioned whether i was actually losing weight even though the results speak for themselves every week when i get on the scales! I have this thing in my head where i see myself a certain way and i really need to change that or ill never be satisfied no matter what weight i lose!
    On the upside I bought a gorgeous dress today and its the probably the first time ive noticed that im losing weight so im so happy about that!! I think its the first time i smiled when looking at myself too for the first time in a very long time!!
    and i just wanted to say too that u people here are so lovely and supportive and listening to your stories are amazing ive picked up lots of things from u all so :thankyou:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. gl12282

gl12282 Plodding on.......

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(18.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Body Optimise
    Hi Aisling,

I'm so glad you are starting to see the differences. It took me a long time to see the differences (although I could feel them long before then). It gives you a real boost and will spur you. Look forward to plenty more of that to come !

Gail x

4. Cheekypasterfield

Cheekypasterfield Rather comfy here

Start Weight:
    11st2.4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0.4lb(0.26%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers Discover/Vintage Points
    Hiya

Well done! I know its really hard to see the new you blossoming especially when you've had so many years feeling negative towards yourself.

When I lost the weight the first time, I was given a really good tip. I was told to stand in the mirror and focus on all the 'good' bits I liked about myself. Tell myself why I liked them and dont focus on any parts I didnt like. I was told to do this every morning and overtime looking in the mirror got easier.

Good luck

5. misspaf

misspaf Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st8.5lb(21.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I haven't noticed any weight loss. I've lost 1st 9.5lbs and I thought I would go down at least a dress size but still a size 18/20. When I started this, the main thing I wanted was to be a size 12 at least and didn't really care how many stone I was.

I hope I'll fit into a size 16 comfortably soon!

6. Maverick

Maverick Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(5.1%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I can't really see a difference in myself yet. I have only lost half a stone, but don't have a massive amount to lose. I was hoping my double chin would have disappeared now, as that's my bf's measure of my weight loss lol. Unfortunately it's still there. I think my trousers are slacker - but also I think they have stretched massively because I was too fat for them to start with!!! x

7. hazysummer

hazysummer Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Maverick - try these I try and do when I'm on the loo or waiting for the kettle...not pretty but it does help! Don't overdo it the first day though, pulling a muscle in your neck is oddly painful!

8. MommyNOriana

MommyNOriana Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(8.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have a relatively small frame - started at 160 lbs and I'm now down to 147. FINALLY noticing it! I looked in the mirror yesterday and I was like "whoa! I actually look thinner!" I thought for sure I'd see it around the 10 lb mark, but apparently those 3 extra pounds did the trick! It's bound to show eventually. Just enjoy the ride.

And while we're on the subject, I haven't noticed much weight loss in my thighs or legs...but last night...I noticed that I've lost weight in my...ehm...nether regions?! lmao Sorry to share that bit, but I thought maybe you're losing weight...just not in the most visible places!!! hahahaha

9. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

aww well done babe - glad you are noticing - its fab!!! xxx

10. Dizzi-G

Dizzi-G Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Blimey you really can feel those can't you!!

11. aislingb

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.5lb(16.15%)
    Diet:
    thanks gail :) i think when u have a perception of yourself and u put yourself down for so long its hard to change habits but i know ill get there in the end.im going for my 1 1/2 stone and club 10 next week :cross:

12. gl12282

gl12282 Plodding on.......

Start Weight:
    17st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(18.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Body Optimise
    Fingers crossed for you. Keep us posted.

Gail x

13. aislingb

Start Weight:
    16st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.5lb(16.15%)
    Diet:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.