Finally on the weight loss wagon

Good idea Zafira. I bought some crabsticks and ham but there's only so many times they will do. Quiches sound good they are normally one of my faves so I will get some made up when I'm around on Wednesday.

Hi Silvermoon, yes I think more syns is probably the answer. Maybe some late night chocolate when I get cravings.

Weigh-in today. Another 6 lbs off! So happy with that result and totally unexpected.

Today's menu:
B: Apple and Orange
L: 2 x Alpen Light (heb) and another orange
D: Jacket potato with leftover lasagne filling from yesterday (added some frozen peppers when reheating) and cheese (hea)

Couple of syns from milk in tea but that's about it.

well done on your 6lbs, fantastic loss. I love quiche/omlettes so easy to make and very filling :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Yesterday I had a trip to London for a work meeting. I packed myself Alpen Light bars (heb) and fruit for breakfast on the train, ham salad for lunch and crab sticks to much on if I got hungry. All went well until after the meeting we were offered champagne and canapes (syns = lots!!!). I felt guilty afterwards but then decided it was only one meal and I should carry on as normal so for dinner I had peri peri chicken, SW chips and roast tomatoes w/ cheese on (hea). Felt pretty good after that :)

Today's SP menu:
B - 2 x Alpen Light (heb), apple.
L - Ham sandwich (heb), apple and orange
D - Pizza topped chicken (hea for the cheese) with roast Mediterranean veggies
Curly wurly on standby for later tonight and a couple of syns for milk in my tea.

Here to subscribe... starting with my WI tonight so will be looking to you for inspiration :) ... fab losses in your first 2 weeks! Well done!

Thanks for all the lovely comments! You are all definitely keeping me on track :)

Hectic few days so I haven't had chance to post. Thursday was fully on plan: fruit for breakfast. alpen light for lunch w/ more fruit and salmon fishcakes w/ SW chips, mushrooms and tomatoes for dinner.

Yesterday I had chicken and prawns with rice, alpen light bars, fruit, yogurts and a curly wurly.

Sooooo the less said about Saturday the better. On track most of the day then had friends round for dinner and drinks. Syn free curry and rice was a well-meant attempt to stay on plan but the gin and vodka led me to shots, cookies, flapjacks and end-of-night pizza. I couldn't even be able to start counting the syns :sigh:.

Today I've done better. Cooked breakfast to start (sausages = 3 syns and toast = heb). Sandwich at lunchtime (6 syns for more bread) then steak, chips, mushrooms and tomatoes for tea. Late night munching on cherry tomatoes didn't stop the hunger so I gave in and had a curly wurly (6 syns). Total syns for the day bang on 15.

Not looking forward to weigh-in tomorrow. Feel like I've ruined all my good work now but hopefully there will be a lesson learned from this.

Don't worry too much, I think you will see another loss again, even if it's not as much as the last two! (an envious well done to you for that!)

You're not the only one that struggles on the weekend, I'm in the same boat.
If I have 1 day off plan I try to get right back on it the next day, you seem to have been doing that so really don't worry!! :)

Good luck for weigh in :)

Thanks I did manage 1/2 off this week. I was gutted at first compared to the last few weeks but the group session really cheered me up. Might try a few sp days to mix things up this week.

Woke up this morning and decided to put my sp plan into action. Enjoyed not loading up on carbs for a change and having a wide variety of fruit and veg.

B: 2 x alpen light (HEB) during the commute then an apple when I got into work
L: Chicken, tomato, lettuce, cucumber and spring onion salad followed by strawberries and raspberries I prepared last night
D: Bacon, eggs, mushroom, tomatoes with sausages (3 syns) and black pudding (9.5 syns) and toast (2nd HEB)
Drank tea with milk all day (HEA) and had an orange this evening to get rid of the temptation to snack.

Pretty good day for me other than feeling a bit bad at eating the black pudding but it's within the 15 syns so I shouldn't complain. Bought a butternut squash to try out tomorrow. Here's hoping I like it or I will be hungry after dinner.

Had a good food day today even if my blonde hair prevented me from doing a full sp day.

2 alpen lights for breakfast with an orange.
Jacket potato (oops) with beans then an orange and an apple.
Quorn steaks with butternut squash chips for tea tonight. Maybe some mushrooms too if I can find some. Didn't have a second heb because of the potato, just converted to an EE day

Back