Pregnancy Finally!

shenzi

Gold Member
Hi Everyone!

I'm pleased to announce that after 6 years of TTCing it's happened I'm 12+5 and due on the 6th April, I cannot wait!!

I've been getting some period type pains but I've been told these are normal??

SW has fallen by the wayside and since finding out 7 weeks I have gone from 13 2 to 14 9, I'm hoping the majority of it is just excess food weight, today was my first day back on it properly, I do not want to go up to my original SW start weight again!

Anyway just wanted to say hello and I'm very pleased to finally be in here xxx

Congratulations! What a wait you've had for this news!

I've only just started slimming world but I tnd to gain lots during pregnancy and i can tell you it does you no favours! Stick to plan and let it be your constant whilst everything else around your changes.

good luck!

Thank you justle! X

Ah congratulations :) I bet the 6 year wait has made it all the sweeter.

I'm 20 weeks after 5 years ttc and an IVF cycle and still can't believe my luck x

Ah congratulations :) I bet the 6 year wait has made it all the sweeter. I'm 20 weeks after 5 years ttc and an IVF cycle and still can't believe my luck x

Congrats to you!! X

I still can't believe it, it's all so surreal, I'm terrible though the midwife must be fed up with me calling for every ache and niggle lol

Congrats to you!! X

I still can't believe it, it's all so surreal, I'm terrible though the midwife must be fed up with me calling for every ache and niggle lol

Ah well I'm sure they are used to it, it's a crazy time and you need the reassurance.
X

Ah well I'm sure they are used to it, it's a crazy time and you need the reassurance. X

It really is, ahh well like you said there used to it! And I wouldn't be surprised if I'm not the worst lol

Hi Everyone! I'm pleased to announce that after 6 years of TTCing it's happened I'm 12+5 and due on the 6th April, I cannot wait!! I've been getting some period type pains but I've been told these are normal?? SW has fallen by the wayside and since finding out 7 weeks I have gone from 13 2 to 14 9, I'm hoping the majority of it is just excess food weight, today was my first day back on it properly, I do not want to go up to my original SW start weight again! Anyway just wanted to say hello and I'm very pleased to finally be in here xxx

Congratulations! We were ttc for nearly two years with fertility issues and that was difficult enough so I'm so happy for you to get this news after all that time! I'm 29+1 so on the home straight now but it's taken me a long time to relax a little because it was all such a shock in the first place, we were waiting to go on the IVF waiting list when it happened so it was a massive surprise. I've been a bit less anxious since 20 weeks and hoping that continues. Don't worry about ringing your midwife though honestly, I've sobbed down the phone to mine on so many occasions and they don't mind! They know how precious this is to us and that when it's your first baby you are going to very nervous.

The period pains happened to me too, I had them on and off from before I found out and I still get them now occasionally. It turns into more of a pulling sensation as you get bigger though!

Good luck with SW, I'm a terrible example tbh and have regained 2st 2lbs of the 5.5st I lost before I fell pregnant. Don't beat yourself up if you fall off the wagon tho, doing SW is v hard when you're pregnant and craving things so be kind to yourself.

Come chat with us all in the sticky thread, would be lovely to see you there! xxx

Congratulations! We were ttc for nearly two years with fertility issues and that was difficult enough so I'm so happy for you to get this news after all that time! I'm 29+1 so on the home straight now but it's taken me a long time to relax a little because it was all such a shock in the first place, we were waiting to go on the IVF waiting list when it happened so it was a massive surprise. I've been a bit less anxious since 20 weeks and hoping that continues. Don't worry about ringing your midwife though honestly, I've sobbed down the phone to mine on so many occasions and they don't mind! They know how precious this is to us and that when it's your first baby you are going to very nervous. The period pains happened to me too, I had them on and off from before I found out and I still get them now occasionally. It turns into more of a pulling sensation as you get bigger though! Good luck with SW, I'm a terrible example tbh and have regained 2st 2lbs of the 5.5st I lost before I fell pregnant. Don't beat yourself up if you fall off the wagon tho, doing SW is v hard when you're pregnant and craving things so be kind to yourself. Come chat with us all in the sticky thread, would be lovely to see you there! xxx

Congratulations and thank you for your advice, it's good to know I'm not alone in my panic! X

Congratulations and thank you for your advice, it's good to know I'm not alone in my panic! X

You're definitely not alone ;) I refuse to believe that anyone who's pregnant doesn't panic at least a little bit. It's a really anxious time but a lovely time too :) xxx

Congratulations!! I'm 18 weeks and we were TTC for 3 years with an ectopic and a mmc in that time. I just rejoined SW this morning :)

Congratulations ladies! :)

I am 29 weeks pregnant after 4 years TTC baby number 4 with one MMC at 10 weeks at new year. I hope all of your sw journeys are still going well during your pregnancies :)

Back