Finding it hard to go back on 100%

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Meli, 5 January 2010 Social URL.

1. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Had a mini break for about a week and a half from SW during the Xmas/New Year's holidays and put on 2 pounds (luckily not more). Also had a break-in 2 days ago, so with all the stress finding it harder to keep up with everything 100%. Any tips on keeping the motivation going???
    Thanks,
    Melissa

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lonestitcher

Lonestitcher Silver Member

Don't focus on being on plan for a week, or even a day. Just be on plan for your next meal.

Congratulate yourself on what you have achieved so far.

Personally I never start getting back on plan in the morning. If I try, the whole day just looms in front of me - and all I want is chocolate!! I find that if I start with an evening meal it's easier. I've had the whole day to plan, so that I've everything in for it and when I wake up the next day, I'm not 'starting', I've already started.

4. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I find that if I plan my meals, do the shopping and keep my diary up to date then I feel the motivation to get back on track. I had a 6 week break after my birthday and then through to Christmas and the New Year, but put my foot down and started again on Monday. Due to not actually eating any fruit and veg in those 6 weeks (hangs head in shame) I was keen to get back to plan.
    It will click for you hun.
    x

5. Hayleyj123

Hayleyj123 Wannabe Loser

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have no motivation for you but can relate. I am struggling to get back on plan too, this week has been hard. Soldiering on though to lose the weight I lost :)

6. Devon Dolce

Devon Dolce 1lb at a time!

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(4.33%)
    All great advice, one meal at a time xxx

7. Meli

Meli Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for all the good advice and you are right one meal at a time :)

8. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

What I do in situations like this is ask myself what I want more - to lose weight or eat bad food. Usually my head wins (the lose weight bit!) but occassionally I will give into the bad food.

Just remember one bad meal doesn't make a bad day, and one bad day does not make a bad week.

Plan your meals, make them different, look through cook books or the new mag, there are some fab recipes this month and vary your foods.

Good luck!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.