finding it hard

clairegoodall

I am really really struggling.
I am on week 4 and have lost about 15llbs which is great.
This weekend I have just cheated and it is carrying on today.
I had to bake cookies for a work thing on saturday and they are really tasty, so I had a couple and then another couple in the evening (what was left at home). Then I found it really hard yesterday, and have just wolfed down a packet of chocolate buttons....
What is wrong with me? I have done so well until now...

Hi Claire - sorry you are finding it touch to resist temptation. It is hard, but at least you acknowledge it as temptation. Just think, before it would have been 4 cookies each time and not a 2nd thought!

I propose the following all the time (sorry for those who are bored reading it) but it really helps me. Put 15lb in wieght in a carrier bag (tins out of your kitchen cupboard will do) and carry it to the loo everytime you go, or to the local shop and back. Promise, it will put pay to temptation! Just remember, you've lost the equivalent of 2 average newborns so far, & you wouldn't want to carry them around all day now would you! banish those biccys and buttons!

Hi Claire, have you got any bars or choc shakes in? That way you can get your choccy fix the cd friendly way.
I also find a caffine fix helps take away my choccie cravings x

Hi Claire, I had exactly the same problem a couple of weeks ago.

After six non-cheat weeks I felt compelled to eat the biscuits my hairdresser had kindly provided with the complimentary cup of tea (the treat was supposed to be the haircut). I was cold, tired and exhausted - all factors that make me eat. After the biscuits, I felt more hungry and ended up snacking throughout the rest of the week because I was no longer in ketosis. The result was a 1lb weight gain.

I thought it'd be easy to re-start and ended up spending a further week of snacking trying to get back on-track. I'd be fine until 2-3pm then for some reason go and raid the food cupboard. I wasn't stuffing my face, nor eating the food in as large a quantity as I would have done pre-CD but, I'd justify the cheat by thinking that I was simply going up a plan (or five) to kickstart my weightloss back into action. This sounds ridiculous now that I'm typing it. I even had a couple of small, two-course meals.

Cake, chocs, crisps, biscuits, potatoes, gravy, lamb, vegetables, apple pie, crumble topping, ... these are just some of the foods I ate during those two weeks. Instead of a cumulative 1lb loss, I could have seen an 8lb loss for the fortnight. That's half a stone difference.

I tried again for another week to re-start, this time I lost 3lb. My heart wasn't in it to get back on-track properly because we had been invited over by the in-laws for a meal Saturday night and I knew I'd have to eat something or be subjected to scrutiny (I've not told them I'm following CD). I had roast chicken, berry crumble with ice cream followed by several cups of milky tea/coffee and a portion of apple pie with cream. I didn't want the pie, I promised MIL I'd try it and she went on for a couple of hours about it before I'd agree to a slice. She wouldn't let me cut a piece for myself and I ended up with a wedge the size of a small dinner plate. She is dieting herself and I've a funny feeling she's noticed my weightloss so was trying to sabotage things but, maybe I'm being paranoid. I was so stuffed, I haven't felt that uncomfortable since I was pregnant, I could practically feel my stomach pressing against my diaphragm. Oh yes, I also had a couple of small glasses of white wine.

I weighed myself yesterday, I'd gained four pounds so I've been taking a fibre supplement with my water to help things along before my next official weigh-in. This time I'm determined to succeed and managed to re-start properly yesterday.

When I adjusted my tracker, I realised I've only got another 19lb until I reach target, if I put my mind to it I can do this in 5-6 weeks.

My advice to you is, think about the weight you could have lost if you hadn't have cheated (i.e. 4lb pw) rather than the weight you actually lose/gain when cheating. I could have lost 12lb over the past weeks, I actually lost 4lb. A loss is a loss but, I could've done a whole lot better.

Hope you get back on-track soon hon. Good luck.x

i agree with minivix

on other diets i've done, whenever i blip, i find thinking about the weight i *could* lose in a week helps me get back on track, rather than spend a week being half-arsed!

Hi Claire

Is this something you have done on your own i.e did you sneak the food??? I have made a pact with myself to no longer eat alone and always have food when other people around. I read it on a CBT thingy somewhere that you are less likely to cheat that way.

Still i am sure you can get back on board the CD Express you have had you cheat its done now forget it.

GLUG GLUG GLUG

JS xxx

Back