Finding slimming world difficult

Slimmerme2013

Hi Everyone,

I have been a member of slimming world since July 2012 and in total I have only lost 7 1/2 pounds. Its been up and down and I've put on and lost and put on again. I am embarrassed that my lose is so small and it seems like everyone around me is losing weight. I feel really disheartened and confused. I don't know what exactly I'm doing wrong. I'm not a drinker and I rarely eat fast food or take away (only the odd time). My biggest problem is when I eat fruits and syn free muller light yoghurts or even mugshots as snacks they just don't fill me up and I usually just feel hungry but I am afraid to eat in case I eat too many syns. I really like the idea of slimming world but I just wish I could see the results that others are seeing. I was also going to the gym but that's slowly died out at the moment with the cold weather. I do intent to get back to it but before I do I just really want to get the food problem clear in my mind.

If anyone could give me some tips of things they did when they felt their weight loss was getting stuck, I would really appreciate it.

Also if anyone could give me some ideas on some healthy and filling snacks that you make.
I usually end up having pasta or bread as they seem to fill me up but I really want to try something different.

Hello! Sorry to hear you're struggling with SW :( Have you posted on the SW board? You might get more advice there!

It sounds like maybe you don't eat enough (that can slow your losses down) especially as you say you're hungry - I've honestly never been hungry on SW! Don't be scared of syns either, they're part of the plan and there to be used if you like. You don't even have to use them on 'naughty' foods, I often use them for extra cheese, olive oil, olives and coconut milk for example.

If I'm having a hard time I get my cook books out and plan new and interesting meals with different ingredients. I also try to increase the amount of veg I eat and drink more water. Homemade soup seems to help me too! I usually get good losses on weeks where I have homemade soup for my lunch.

Maybe it's worth starting a food diary in the SW section and asking others to comment? Then we can see what you're eating and whether there are problem areas. If you go to group then it's be worth speaking to your consultant about it too.

Good luck! Please do shout if I can help at all x

I was going to suggest posting your diary in the SW section, you'll definately get some feedback.

It's difficult to say why your losses are not as you'd like them to be with what information you've given, but if we can see a food diary that will help.

Back