Fingers crossed

Gerry1

Convinced husband to go on LT 2 weeks ago. He is currently on garden leave from his old job and thought this would be brilliant opportunity to lose the weight without the lure of business lunches and trips away etc.. So he agreed that he would do it for the 4 weeks leding up to our holiday.

Then just before the end of his first week he got called up to Scotland to do some work, so he missed his first weigh in. He had been up there all this week as well so missed 2nd weigh in.

He says he has kept to it but that he dosen't seem to have lost a lot as he weighed himself while away. I said that the scales probably were different from the chemist's and he should wait til he gets home and weigh himself then on our scales as he weighed himself on those before he left.

Soooooo... he arrives home later this afternoon and I hope he gets a brilliant surprise when he weighs himself and has lost enough to keep him going thru the next 2 weeks until we go away. The plan is then that we will both refeed while away as I am almost near target. We will start the refeed the day we leave as that will rule out alcohol for the first week which would be our downfall.

so fingers crossed for later that he has lost and is pleased that he has stuck at it..

oh hope all goes well - that would be a great boost for the both of u and a big encouragement to live a healthier lifestyle together - really hope it is a good one xox

yeah..wait till he comes home..my scales at home are so wrong, even better throw them out and get his weight done in the chemist.

Hope its a good lost or maybe no holiday for him...lol

i hope he has managed to stick to it while away, he must have had lots of temptations, if he has, he will be very pleased with WI, it is virtually impossible to not lose weight on LT. you cant always tell yourself, i have lost 10lb and can only tell slightly in my face, no one else has noticed yet. last year i lost 17lbs and people only just started noticing then.

peoples perceptions have changed now, they only seem to notice when we have lost a hell of a lot, then the penny drops!

good luck to you both and have a fab holiday :D

Thanks msblonde - agree that noone seems to notice until you lose about stone and a half and it is a good check to get on the scales.

Philip - the chemist would be better but it isn't open on a saturday. Also I know from experience that our scales weigh 3 lbs than the chemist so can take that into account. Also husband is away next week as well so won't have his first weigh in at the chemist until he has been on LT for 4 weeks.

Well, pleased to report OH (getting the hang of these abbreviations!!) has arrived home with the children and wait for it - has lost a stone in 2 weeks. I think he is really chuffed. I am rally chuffed that ole beer belly is getting smaller by the day. Yippee!!

Well, pleased to report OH (getting the hang of these abbreviations!!) has arrived home with the children and wait for it - has lost a stone in 2 weeks. I think he is really chuffed. I am rally chuffed that ole beer belly is getting smaller by the day. Yippee!!
Well done to your OH fantastic result!!! xx

Well done to your OH, he'll be nice and trim come your holiday (as will you!)

x

that is great - well done to him, you will both look fab on holiday and will hopefully have cracked the demon food monsters and eat healthily on holiday :D

Gerry,
Well done to both of you on your great losses !
That's a good plan, too, refeeding on your hols, so you don't touch the alcohol !

Back