Finishing the year in style.... :)

I have spent the last 15 years on and off diets. I've lost weight, put it on; rinse and repeat.

My latest weight loss attempt has been, by far, the most successful.

Last July I looked at some holiday snaps and was horrified by what I saw. I have always been on the large side but over the last 3-4 years I'd packed on even more pounds and just hadn't seen it coming.

With the bit between my teeth I made some fairly significant lifestyle changes and by the end of the 2016 I was down over 50lbs.

Now do you want the bad news or the good news?

The good news is that I have kept that 50lbs off for 8 months. This is a massive achievement for me, I've normally fallen off the wagon and regained that weight within 3 months of quitting a diet. I have made changes to the way I live my life that will stay with me forever.

So, what's the bad news, you may say?

I still could do with losing 30-40lbs.

I have lost and regained the first 15lbs of this about 4 times this year and it's driving me BONKERS. Just when I think I am cruising, bam, something hits me right in the solar plexus and down I go. Taking cakes, chocolate and crisps with me. I then come up, gasping for air, and realise I am right back where I started.

I have hovered up, down and around the 200lb mark since new year and this week I have decided. NO MORE.

Line in the sand.

I therefore, wish to make my first post a solemn pledge that I will focus on my diet, exercise and weight loss for the rest of 2017.

I have a goal weight in mind, but mostly I want to get off this roller coaster and find some consistency with my eating habits.

Wish me luck!

I feel slightly punch drunk this wet Monday morning after a crazy busy weekend: celebrating my 8-week wedding anniversary (yes, we are still at the stage where we say happy anniversary every Friday - the more celebrations in life the better, I find!), my brother's wedding and an epic 14-mile walk yesterday. I have almost come into work today for a rest!

I have finished my first week back on it with a 4.4lb weight loss. Think that's the remnants of the water weight from the previous couple of weeks of disastrous eating, so looking forward to ploughing on this week and keeping on with those good habits. I'll be weighing on a Monday, and trying really hard to stay away from the scales apart from then (so hard!)

I wondered if it would be useful to take 5 on a Monday and think about what I'd like this week to look like:
  • A good exercise routine - swimming on Monday, zumba on Wednesday and spinning on Saturday morning
  • In bed by 9.30pm at least for the next couple of nights
  • Looking forward to the East Lancashire derby on Wednesday night - that's my treat for the week!
  • A good long walk on Sunday - we were thinking maybe Eastbourne to Hastings if the weather's nice
  • Keeping track of the calories using MFP
  • Walk some more of the Regent's Canal. I have got as far as Camden, so I'd like to do a bit more on Thursday
  • Find something to eat for lunches at work - I am really struggling to be inspired
  • Do something fun on Friday!
I'd like to lose 1.6lbs this week. Think I'm getting into TOTM territory and I retain water massively so will try to not get discouraged by that and remember the good habits are positive in themselves. I am a bit of an outcomes-junkie so if I don't see the result on the scale I have a massive strop. I need to beat that in order to have success and remember that it doesn't have to be perfect.

This weeks plan sounds good, I've had the same problem trying to find good things to eat at work at well. I've been taking a bag of salad with some salad cheese and tomatoes and olives recently and that's been quite nice.

Back