Firming creams!

How interesting...my skin is normally dry but since LT has gone exceptionally dry so I've tried various lotions and potions.

The Palmers one I found too heavy and I felt the smell overpowered everything and made me feel yucky
Nivea was very greasy but not very lushious. I tried the Clarins one in the pot and found it wasn't rich enough then I discovered Clarins
Super restorative refining body care (for abdomen and waist) in duty free shop and it is fab....I use it all over my body and it feels like its making my skin soft, smells ok and feels divine however as i use it all over its only lasted about 5 -6 weeks so I went to get another one and its £48.00 !!!!!
So I'm back to smelling like ice cream but if anyone can afford it or be knows where to get it cheaper please let me know
Julie

We'll all go round Julie's and lick her then if she tastes like ice-cream!xx

I have been using Palmers everyday (twice a day if I can be bothered) since I started LT and although I think its a bit early to say if its actually helping with the firming I can say my skin feels so soft and lovely so that will do for me!
I also bought some of the Palmers Natural Bronzing Body Lotion to try and I can honestly say its one of the best gradual tanning products I have ever tried - I got a nice even light tan after just one application!
Not going to be using the Bronzing Lotion everyday as I dont really want to look like I have been tangoed but the colour lasts for quite a while aswell so double bonus!

For face creams I use Johnsons baby moisturiser under make up and NIvea -the plain old blue tub -at night and I love it. I love the smell of Dove but it doesn't dry in quickly enough and doesn't really moisturise too well. I have heard that 'Soap & Glory' firming lotion is really good. Even Gok Wan recommends it lol I do love Gok. ;)

ooooh! Also -Johnson Baby Oil after a bath or shower and left to dry in...really really good. I do it at night tho to really soak in cus it can be too greasy to go out straight away.

Hiya

I've used Palmers, Babor, Firmology and Liz Earle. I dont actually think they have done anything for the firmness or elasticity of my skin but as they keep the skin hydrated it does feel soft and look less crepey.

xxx

I have heard that 'Soap & Glory' firming lotion is really good. Even Gok Wan recommends it lol I do love Gok. ;)

I saw this in the shop and almost bought it but had never heard of it before and so didn't... lol

I used palmers cocco butter formula and it is lush but not noticed a tigthtening effect but i'm only 9 weeks post baby so that may have something to do with it. MY red raw strech marks have faded loads tho.

Well I went and bought some Palmers Coco butter, And I want to lick my arms and legs :p WOW..It smells yummy! :D

hi can i just say ive started using bio oil! its great for really dry skin and smoothes the apperarence of stretch marks n stuff its really good £5.00 for small bottle bout 8 for large i love it ! you can also add it 2 your bath x

Thank you for this thread, it has definetly pointed me in the right direction !!

I think I will try the bronzing cream too, it sounds really good!

Thank you girls x

Back