First baby after 5yrs TTC! (SW help?)

blossom85

After 12st weight loss, 5yrs TTC, and 2 operations, we are finally having baby number 1 yay!

I am 5 weeks pregnant, found out a week ago, and im due around the 16th September 2012.

I had an op to unblock my tubes following surgery in 2009, on 19th dec 2011, and conceived xmas day, 6 days later.

Positive test 2 weeks later and I feel on cloud 9.

I was doing ww for a while because I dont get on with the SW locally, and cant afford classes atm, as a mate of mine does ww she weighs me.

I am going to start doing SW at home, but im unsure if I have to change anything from the normal plans?

Thanks

Sam x

Hi hun, congratulations on your pregnancy. Im 31 weeks and doing extra easy at the min & I have to have 2 HexA's. My Consultant gave me a leaflet that also said I need to have 2 HexBs, but I know this would pull me off track as id use it just for toast.

Thanks. Yeah I would only use it on toast, one lot has been porridge today, but if I was to have another one I would have toast for supper.

How far into your pregnancy on EE, did you have to add the extra HEA & HEB?

I hope all has been well with your pregnancy, have you lost weight being pregnant and on SW?

I was on SW when I found out i was pregnant and had plans to stick to it, I managed that for about 10 weeks and lost 1 stone. Then the food cravings, food averions and complete exhaustion came in & I fell off track. I managed to eat relatively healthy till about 2 monthes ago when my bad habbits came back. Id put the stone back on then another 12.5lb as well, this is what made me go back To SW, as I diddnt want to gain any more than 24lb as I know we loose that within 2 weeks of birth, sometimes more. I went back to group 2 weeks ago, Last monday was my first weigh in & Id lost 2.5lb, tomorrow is my second weigh in. You do need to have the extra HexA from the beggining of pregnancy as bubs needs the calcium, but in the beginning I diddnt know this so wasnt having it.

Aww congratulations, thats fantastic. You can still diet while you are pregnant but if there is any confusion you can always speak to your midwife for advice. Good luck in your pregancy!

congratulations what an inspiring story :) I am quite new to SW after ttc for 4 years (2nd child) and 3 mc Im hoping getting the weight off will result in our much wanted 2nd child xxxxx

Back