First day and Ketosis????

RuthG

Gold Member
I've just come home from work, I'm yet to have my third sachet. I bought some urinalysis sticks home from work, which are able to detect ketones. I did one 'just in case' but it has shown ketones, am I doing something wrong?

lol no Ruth that's excellent :D

Ps I'm also from the other site;)

Ah, who are you then? I couldn't believe it when the square turned pink!

Violet lol x Well done you that's brilliant news though

Im at the end of day 3 and not even showing a bit on my strips! :( should i be worried? i havent had even a single blip!

Jus x

I'm wondering if it's because I'm using the strips I have from work (I'm a nurse), maybe they are more sensitive than the ones that CDC supply?

Still showing ketones in my urine toaday, a bit stronger too.

I'm wondering if it's because I'm using the strips I have from work (I'm a nurse), maybe they are more sensitive than the ones that CDC supply?

Still showing ketones in my urine toaday, a bit stronger too.

Iv used the ones from the doctors (had them for my lad) and they didnt show ketones till last night and then only a trace, so dont think its that they are over sensitive... worried now about what the other things on the strips are showing :rolleyes:

I didn't cut down at all amanda, infact I had a massive pizza from perfect pizza the night before I started!

I was'nt in ketosis till day 6 and I lost 11lbs.

Well done!!

thanks mrs b, just read it this morning. only lost 1 lb this week judging by my scales so might have to get myself one of the tests to motivate me (had a couple of yoghurts over the week). thanks again.

Back