First day and looking for inspiration

:D Hi everyone this is my first day on Lipotrim and i need some motivation. I did lipotrim about two years ago but only lasted one week as I got a cold and needed to eat, however, this time i'm determined to go the distance. I need to loose about two and a half stone does anybody know roughly how long this will take or is it different for everybody?

Hi, I'm on day one too, a little bit more to lose than you I want to lose about 3 to 3 and a half stone.

Good luck :)

Hi Choc Chic, welcome! There's plenty of inspiration on the forum here; I find the support and the stories such an encouragement. Going by what the programme promises, it's about a stone a month weight loss. You need to be REALLY determined to push through the early days which are the toughest, and then the results tend to keep you going, plus the fact that it does feel quite comfortable after a while. You can do it'

PS: I'm on day 6 of this round.

According to the programme about 2.5 months but it might be less, especially if you get a good weight loss in the first couple of weeks and then achieve an average loss of 3.5lbs a week. Good luck.

Thanks Trim and Cate you two are obviously over the worst part now then. Jane good luck to you, were in the same boat. I'm not feeling too bad physically so far but everyone in work had bacon butties this morning and it was really difficult but I managed not to succumb. Can't say it's easy though, feeling a little down today thinking what I have to put myself through because I can't control my eating, and everybody keeps telling me I'm mad to be doing this but it's easy to say that when you don't struggle with your weight! Anyway got to get myself out of this frame of mind and think of why I'm doing it, going away at the end of April and don't want to be harpooned while i'm on the beach. Worst of all going with my sister who is naturally thin and a size 6!! I'm twice the woman she is and then some. How do i do the ticker and weight goal things?

I feel for you on the sister front. I have the same problem and even when I was 10 stone in my 20s and a a size 12, I was still made to feel like the 'big' one by my family. If you go to the tutorials section (found in blue section at top of page) there're instructions on how to download a ticker. To do the goal stuff, go to your own area in the UserCP and go to Edit Signature and you can add stuff in there. You can only add a certain number of characters until you've added more than 50 posts and then you get more characters. Look forward to touching base with you while we're both doing this.

That's great thanks I think I have done my ticker now. Day 3 now and I'm off work today so going to keep myself busy. Not feeling too bad at the minute and just pleased that I have got this far, I think if I can make it through the first week I'll be fine. Got my first weigh in on Friday but I can tell I have lost already. I can't believe you lost 12lb in your first week that's amazing. Well done.

Yes I was thrilled. But weight losses tend to be larger the more weight you have to lose and I had 5.5 stone to shift, now, as if by magic, only 4st 9lbs! Wish I'd known about Lipotrim when I only had a couple of stone to get rid off instead of letting my weight drift ever upwards since I had my son 7 years ago. You're doing the right thing getting to grips with this now. Good luck with it all.

It's hard to get on top of loosing weight though and its so easy to put on, too many temptations. I could really do with loosing about three but I'm gonna see how it goes. Your doing well to get this far coz I know how hard it is! I'm only planning on doing this till the end of March hopefully if i get that far. Having a really bad day today worst yet, had to leave work early felt so ill, feeling nauseous all day and headache and sore throat and really dizzy. Got my first weigh in tomorrow but it will only be day five so just have to see how it goes. I really hope i can do this because if I don't do it, I don't know what else to do! Can't stick to a diet but really fet up of being the fatty all the time.

Sorry you weren't well today. Are you drinking enough water? Hope your weigh in goes well. Let us know how you got on but remember - it's only a five day weigh in. I can't stick to a diet either. I manage a stone or a stone and a half and then just give up and start putting it all back on again slowly. Thing is, when you can eat, there's just too much temptation to cheat. I just had to go cold turkey and hope this teaches me something about myself and makes me see that I can resist food if I want to. I feel absolutely determined because, like you, I am fed up with being a fatty.

Hi All. I too am right at the beginning of my journey (this time around!) I have done a few weeks on lipotrim before, a few years ago, and I found it ok to do but then I snapped my achilles tendon and all my best intentions went out of the window. Since then I have managed to put most of my weight back on and I am so annoyed with myself. It seems to be a vicious circle, I hate myself so I eat and when I gain weight I hate myself! Anyway, day 2 and so far so good. I love reading all the inspirational stories on here, thanks everyone for sharing and please keep posting!!

Keep going CurlyK; 1st WI is just 5 days away!

Good luck Kirst. I sympathise with you cos my weight gain started in 2005 with a tumour and an emergency hysterectomy, followed by a shattered leg in 2006......5 major operations in 5 years.......numerous other health problems.......just starting to feel good now!

You can do it and we can help:D

Well I have really been struggling since Thursday and haven't even had the energy to post anything. Finally I have managed to get to day 7 but it feels like it's been a month. Went for my weigh in on Friday (day 5) and they told me I had lost 4lb. Not convinced they know what they are doing in chemist I go to, their scales don't seem to work as I had to wait 5 minutes for them to re set themselves since the last person was on them. They didn't even know if you could have the shake as a hot drink or take any laxatives!! I have been weighing myself on my scales every morning and by mine I had lost 7lb! Things have to get beter next week coz I can't see me sticking to it if i don't start to feel better. I feel nauseous and light headed most of the time and my hubby says it's like im a bit drunk sometimes. I'm doing everything by the book and making sure I'm having plenty of water. I am literally having to force the shakes down as I feel so sick. Is this normal and will it pass? please tell me it will as I am so desperate to stick to this and loose the weight but can't go on like this. :cry:

I am so sorry you are having a hard time of it choc, but it should get better.. You can have your shake hot.. You can experiment to suit your tastes.. Some people put coffee in their vanilla shake, others put peppermint tea in their chocolate shake... Has your pharmacist not given you any advice at all hun? If not, ask on here cos someone should always be able to answer it.. I have had problems with constipation, and i have taken senakot (although it got so bad at 1 point, i had to get suppositories from the chemist)..Please keep an eye on your bowels as it can turn out to be pretty bad... To keep me regular i use psyllium husk every other day.. Your chemist can get you some Fibreclear from LT (around £4.95 a tub, but it seems hit and miss whether it works or not)...

Would black coffee or tea help you? You can also have any LEAF tea (eg nettle, peppermint, raspberry (make sure it is raspberry LEAF though))... You can also add sweeteners to your shakes/drinks as long as it is in tablet form....

If you still feel like this at your next weigh in it might be worth mentioning it to your pharmacist hun... Good luck x x

Thanks for the support Trimlee and Sandra. If I feel a wave of self doubt I log in here and look for inspiration, which this site has a bundle of!

Hi Choc Chic, it is possibly just your body adjusting and it varies from one person to the next. With the weigh-in, I've found that even in one day the scales can give you different readings, so don't worry too much as long as the scales are moving down. Remember the expected weight loss is about a stone a month. If you still feel quite rough check back with you pharmacist or GP. I hope it goes well for you.

Well I have really been struggling since Thursday and haven't even had the energy to post anything. Finally I have managed to get to day 7 but it feels like it's been a month. Went for my weigh in on Friday (day 5) and they told me I had lost 4lb. Not convinced they know what they are doing in chemist I go to, their scales don't seem to work as I had to wait 5 minutes for them to re set themselves since the last person was on them. They didn't even know if you could have the shake as a hot drink or take any laxatives!! I have been weighing myself on my scales every morning and by mine I had lost 7lb! Things have to get beter next week coz I can't see me sticking to it if i don't start to feel better. I feel nauseous and light headed most of the time and my hubby says it's like im a bit drunk sometimes. I'm doing everything by the
book and making sure I'm having plenty of water. I am literally having to force the shakes down as I feel so sick. Is this normal and will it pass? please tell me it will as I am so desperate to stick to this and loose the weight but can't go on like this. :cry:

Hi sweetheart, I read your post and wondered if maybe I could help? Firstly I felt exactly like you do, very spaced out and wobbly some days and with very little energy. Other days I thought I could fly!

Secondly, your experience with your pharmacy sounds all too familiar! I don't know if anyone has ever posted that they thought that their pharmacist knew what they were doing, it would be a first! Can I suggest that if you're at all concerned about your weigh ins that you weigh yourself, first thing in the morning after you've been to the loo, and use that to keep track of your losses.

Finally, can I perhaps provide you with a little motivation......l started out weighing a little more than you, this morning I weighed 10st 13lbs!! I did LT for 2 months then had to pack in, in November, to have an operation but I've continued to
maintain/lose since Then. If you look at my profile you'll see what a difference losing the weight has made to me......and it can be the same for you (sorry I sound like a tv advert:eek:) just stick with it!

Good luck x

Thanks for the words of encouragement Su, Sandra and Trim it is really helping. I'm hoping that by next week I will see an improvement and if by Friday nothing has changed I might think about doing something else. I am really sticking to this rigidly but it's like an emotional rollercoaster going from elation to despair and it's difficult at work as I have to be on the ball and I'm like a wet lettuce, mmm lettuce!. However I have decided to stop wingeing now and just get on with it as nobody is forcing me to do this it's my own choice and feeling sorry for myself isn't helping. I don't have much confidence in my pharmacy though I have to say. As for the weight I have been weighing myself like you say Sandra in the mornings around the same time and by my scales I have now lost 8lb which is great so I think I'm going to go with what my scales say. I started on Monday at 13st 4 and I'm now at 12st 10. I'm nearly at the end of day 7 now and I'm thankful that I have got this far but need to carry on.

A few little questions though if you don't mind.
1. Are you allowed to take senna tablets? I have the fibre thingy from Chemist but that seems to do nothing.
2. I'm putting lots of ice and a spoon of coffee with my shakes as well as about 300ml of water is this ok?
3. How do you know when you are in Ketosis? Should I be in it now do you think?

Thanks again for the support it means a lot to know others can understand what your going through and can impart their wisdom. ;)

Back