First day as a mental healh nurse :)

ninababes

Gold Member
Wel as the title says today was my first official day as a community mental health nurse and well it was all paperwork filling out and housekeeping but it was still good fun and ive got my first client even though im not allowed to see them til my induction is over (i was a student there for 6 months) so it's annoying for me and everyone there coz they all want me to just get back to doing what i was doing with my own caseload lol but the good thing about all the paperwork is it's great for the diet lol today all ive had is 2 shakes an apple and some chicken and im not hungry but im gonna have a third shake tonight coz im not hungry enough to have any food so ill be very under kcals today but hey ho and my bunny went to the vets today and she needs her teeth burring again and has got ulcers on her tongue so she's gotta go get them filed tomorrow morning on my way to work the poor lil mite....hope everyone else has had a good day too

hugs xx

you will love it. i am a community staff nurse.... tootle round in the car, tetra drink in the pocket , radio on ..... what a great way to earn a living! what i try and do is park a short distance away from my patients house so i walk a bit further.... usually being a lazy cow i would mount the pavement just to save those extra steps !!!
hope the bunny is ok !

Congratulations Nina on being officially a mental health nurse:)

Poor bunny, hope he will be okay. I am sure he is definitely not a happy bunny.:(

Thanks girls well she went to have her teeth done again today and she'd gotten the calcium spurs again and ulcers on her tongue so they filed em down and said if it happens again so soon they can file them right back to give her a bit more comfort!!!

Mommysue i love working in the community i had 4 placements as a student in the community and the last 2 were where i am now and i just found out today 1 of my clients when i there as a student is being tranferred into my team with me in mind to be his care co-ordinator so i' ded chuffed :)

Bet that is a fantastic job to do, wish I could find a fulfilling job that I enjoy!! I always wanted to be a midwife but can't afford to give up work to train to be one now...Love

Well you see that's where i was lucky coz i got seconded by my employers to do my training....have you looked at things that the OU do coz they provide grants for training for people who can't afford to go to uni but want to return to work...one of my friends is starting a health and social care course with a view to doing her midwifery in a few yrs

Well you see that's where i was lucky coz i got seconded by my employers to do my training....have you looked at things that the OU do coz they provide grants for training for people who can't afford to go to uni but want to return to work...one of my friends is starting a health and social care course with a view to doing her midwifery in a few yrs

I'll have a look, I wouldn't mind doing an evening course or day release type thing, but my employers wouldn't do anything for me as I work for HBOS unless they want a employed midwife!!Love

lmao now that would be entertaining!!!!! It's worth finding out my mum's done loads of OU courses and she loves em

i seem to have spent the last few days giving flu jabs !!!! i could have eaten them aswell ....lol . patients so grateful, bless em. the job fits in great i with my family. 4 kids, teenager ready to leave school ( who has just scoffed a pizza ) my little girl startes school 2 weeks ago and the other 2 at nursery. where could i work 8.30 til 1 in the nhs !!!!
hope you love it , bit different when your working on your pin nos, but good for you. enjoy every minute..... got a few we could send your way .......
good luck with you diet, the choc tetras packs stay cool in my car all morning !!!

Back