First day back at the doctors!

purplekylie22

Going back to my doctors today, I haven't been for the best part of 6 months! I had two months on Oralistat, then got ill, missed my check up. By the time I was well again I realized I was all out of Oralistat and couldn't get anymore, so I had a crap summer, over ate when the kids were off school got totally off of my exercise routine. I started back to recording everything I eat about a week / two weeks ago and got a call on Friday to tell me Oralistat is back in stock :D
I'm hoping the doctor wont be too mad at me for not having checked in and I know I have regained weight :'( But in my defense I really didn't get a chance to set up properly before it went out of stock. I have two boxes now anyway so I'm hoping that I can prove myself with these two boxes so when I finish them I can get more :D I refused to weigh myself at all over the summer because I knew I would be disappointed with myself so today I will find out just how much I have regained.

The NHS Scottish guidance group have revised guidelines for bariatric surgery and they wont look at anyone who doesn't have type 2 diabetes so there is no chance I'm ever likely to get my bypass unless I win the lotto, so this is it for me, Xen has to work.

I wish we had some NHS type weekly weigh in groups. My doctor only sees me once a month and other than going into town to weigh myself at boots I don't really have a lot of support. At the minute were on benefits so £6 a week just to tell me my weight is too much so Scottish Slimmers / Weight watchers is not do-able.

Well done that's great! :) your doctor /nurse will weigh you more often you just have to ask. I go fortnightly to the nurse. It's a good check in system

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

4kg is fab! Does your dr surgery have a nurse or dietician? I'm in Scotland too and live in a teeny village but the practice nurse offered to see me weekly if I wanted to keep me on track (chose not to). Could you ask your practice if you could do this? x

Back