First day completed!

gb1986

Hi everyone,

First time poster here! I'm going on holiday in July, so i've decided to set myself a weight loss target of 3-4 stone. Not really sure if it's feasible, but looking at some of the inspirational weight loss stories on the board has given me hope. Just about finished my first day on the diet. The first shake I had tasted awful(vanilla), but fortunately, my second shake (chocolate) tasted alright.

I have a few questions about the diet, so any help would be appreciated. Firstly, i've read the stories about bad breath during the weight loss process, so I just wanted to know which mouthwash is ok to use while on the diet. Secondly, i'm currently using Euthymol original toothpaste, as I've read that it will not affect ketosis. Just wanted to hear if anyone has had any problems with this brand?

Hopefully, I'll have the willpower to stay on this diet, but whatever happens I'll keep you updated of my progress. :D

George

3-4 stones should be possible depending on how your metabolism is. If you stick with it for 3 months you'll look very different! I'm using euthymol atm and Iv'e had no problems. I'm not swallowing it though :D

Keep drinking the water - drink, drink and drink. I drink fizzy water as it's less boring. :)

Good luck!

I thought you could use any toothpaste (because your not swallowing it) but I could be wrong?

Good luck George

Hi George!

Well done for getting thru day 1! Swap any shakes you can't face for something you're comfortable with. I mostly stick to chocolate and have done so for the last 6 months. You'll be glad to know that most of the willpower will be required for the first few days until you get into ketosis at which point the hunger diminishes and it's the cravings you need to be aware of. I've stuck to my usual toothpaste and mouthwash so I wouldn't worry too much.

Keep us updated on how you're getting on.

Best wishes

Kay x x x

Thanks for all the feedback :D. On my third day now, yesterday flew by so I didn't really think about food/dieting. However, this morning has been pretty miserable so far. Been feeling really hungry, tired, and lethargic. Hopefully, my morning milkshake will act as a much needed pick me up.

Hi gb1986 - how you getting on now?

Hi DD,
After feeling awful in the morning I gradually started feeling better as the day went on. Yesterday(4th day) I used a ketostix to see if I was in ketosis, and it registered as 0.5 on the scale. Not too sure if that's good or bad

my pharmacist said its okay to use those minty breath freshener strips while your on LT so i bought a small pack today

Back