First day (officially)

clairegoodall

So after the saga of needing to get the form signed (got it done yesterday) I saw my CDC today and have officially started CD. I have been carb free since Monday morning and today have had a banana shake and a peanut bar. Am doing stage 2 (810) as BMI is 41 and also because I do a fair amount of karate (6-7 hrs a week) and therefore need the protein meal from the 810 plan.
Today is also my birthday so I plan to celebrate it in the summer when I am thinner!
I have a 4 month old baby and am on maternity leave which means I have plenty of time to drink all that water!!
Any advice from experiences CD people on how to succeed? :)

The very best of luck!!

The Karate will help the weight fall of, I took a similar approach and started Taekwon Do and love it. You get all kinds of flexible too!

I use a free yoga app to cool down after which I do indoors for about 20 min after class, it really helps keep the stiff legs at bay

XX

Yes, stiff legs are the killer of all martial arts! I love karate and wonder how I stayed sane before I started it 2.5 years ago! Now I am only 3 belts away from black belt! Losing weight it really going to help me because I find my fitness is compromised with my weight.

WOW!

I'm at the very beginning and just getting ready to grade hopefully for my yellow belt from white! Hahahahaha (Neeewwwbbbiiiiee!)

I must admit though, I do love the slight ache, I know I really gave it my all the evening before and 20 mins stretching and it's all back to normal! Mind you, there has been some days I could barely walk without wincing in pain!

Wow Karate peeps!! Thought I was alone lol. I'm doing Shotokan karate. Been doing it for a good few years. Took some time out for exams then hit it again. 1 belt away from black. Grading in 6months!! :D

Ah, fantastic. Don't you LOVE it??!! I had a baby in November and was back in the dojo when she was 9 weeks old. I stopped training at 6.5 months pregnant and even took part in the national and regional competitions (kata only!) when pregnant!
So pleased to find others who love it. Which association is your dojo part of?

Hello fellow martial artists! I started Choi Kwang Do 5 weeks in to my CD journey and now train 3-4 hours every week and love it! Had done a little bit of martial arts before pre child coming along. She is 5, nearly 6, and we go to a club where we can train together, which is brilliant!

I started Cambridge 115 days ago and have now lost 6st 2lb! I did Cambridge 4+ years ago and have lost a lot more inches all over this time round than I did last time! Touch wood, despite being 6st down I am not too saggy yet either! Still need to lose another 6st though... So that may change!!!

Can't recommend martial arts highly enough to anyone looking to start exercising on this diet!

Back