First ever diet - and struggling!

Crashmatt

Hi all,

I'm on my first diet and being a typical man (normally won't admit to it though) am finding it very tough.
Because of my job I have been told I need to lose around 4 stone (I have already lost 10lb since New Year - I need to get to 11 half stone) but already am strugging with exercise and dieting motivation.
My biggest problem is I love protein and carbs (especially in the evening - it's as if I am taken over by a hungry demon!). I also love eating out. I don't do takeaways, chippys etc.
Oh and I like red wine. Eeeeek!.
I'm doing OK at the moment, but what is the best way to keep motivated, as I really am not enjoying dieting (Weightwatchers) or forcing myself to do exercise (I am already reasonably fit).
Is it lifestyle changes, finding a 'buddy', new goals, etc.
I'd be really grateful if you could share how I can keep motivated - or help (Or do my diet for me :)
Thankyou

Matt

Last edited:
Matt if you find someone to do you diet, could you please ask then to do mine too!! :) I never find it Easy to eat healthy but for some reason i am quite motivated this new year!! I'm going to my first slimming world meeting tomorrow night and it sounds good with the extra easy as there are a lot of foods especially meat and potatoes that are free everyday so you can fill up on those! I don't know how keen you would be on changing from ww to sw but it might be worth a look into as a lot if people say they are hungry on ww and sw seems the opposite!! Don't know loads about sw yet as I've not been to the meeting yet but I spent the day looking into it yesterday and looking at loads of recipes and peoples food diaries!

Good luck whichever way you do it! If you have any questions about sw I should know more about it tomorrow hopefully!!

Kelly x

hey crashmatt :)
are you finding you are hungry on ww? or just restricted? On sw you can have carbs and protein but not so much together. (correct me if im wrong peeps its a long time since i did it) BUT on both diets you can account for your red wine :)

I find that having my atkins buddies really helps, if i feel like im going to go overboard with food, i always feel like im letting them down aswell as myself.

You say your job has said you need to lose weight, I presume you are in the forces/services? Is there someone you could get referred too to help with an eating plan?

Back