first ever gain!

scotwannabethin

Back to the grindstone!!
Well, I haven't been to weigh in for a couple of weeks and it is 3lbs. I haven't been good so no one to blame but myself. Need to get my head back into gear!
Had friends staying and they brought home made tablet and their kids wanted me to make scones. Needless to say, I ate some of each and then there was the Indian takeaway. Doh.
But, it's a new week and I am trying to stay away from the "naughty" food and stick to the plan. I am on week 8 which is cereal week.
I also have a wedding next week and I am keen not to put on too much more before that as I want to look my very best, which these days isn't too hard I am glad to say!!!
Easy to slip up now we are back to food and I am a little shocked at home much I put on in a relatively short time and it is a bit sobering.
I guess it really is something I need to keep my eye on and not let slip.
Just wanted to share that on here as that is another thing which I find now in that I don't come on here as much as I used to and I need to get back on the boards and read what others are doing and going through to point me in the right direction when I veer off the path so to speak.
Thanks for listening to my rantings!!!

Hi SWBT

This RtM / Maintenance thing can be pretty hard can't it...:sigh:

However, even though 3lbs may seem like a lot, especially being your 1st gain (you lucky thing!! :)), you know it's not that much in the grand scheme of things and the important thing is to try and get yourself back into a routine.

I'm hoping that by telling you this, it drums it into my head too...:eek:

I've just got back from the gym where I 'earned' around 450 cals...and have just eaten around 600 cals....:sign0007:

Definitely keep posting
Monkey x

Hiya Monkey,

Thanks for that, yeah, not so much in the grand scheme of things and I don't think I will be putting that 6 stone + back on anytime soon!!!

I know what I did wrong, just need to get my head sorted and yeah, this management lark isn't as easy as all that. Too easy to fall into old habits I am finding.

I know what you mean about the "earning" calories, been there and done that on the old treadmill at home.
I guess it is a learning curve and I am happy to be on it. Rather this that where I was this time last year!
x

Back