First expperience with slim fast

A 2lb gain for me over the weekend :eek: but I know it's only carb bloat and water so I'm not panicing (much!).

Off on hols Wednesday evening for a week so I am hoping to cut back to Friday's weigh in weight by then. I'll try my best to be good whilst I'm away, but no computer to log calories so we shall see....................we are going to Greece and I'm not sure I can get SF there and I certainly can't take it with me!

As far as I know you are not allowed to import food stuffs...............

I used to take baby powder in an unopened tin.. .. But then again do ya really want to take sf on holiday??

I used to take baby powder in an unopened tin.. .. But then again do ya really want to take sf on holiday??

Ah, that is a personal care item. I called the Greek Embassy today (how sad am I?) and apparently they are very strict about what can be bought into their country in terms of food stuffs sealed or not. I was told it may well be confiscated in Rhodes!

It's really not worth the hassle - I will just have to do griddled meats and salads for the week - no biggie........... I'm only around 10lbs from target now and going on our first holiday in 9 years so TBH the last thing on my mind is a diet!

I'm off tomorrow evening so good luck with your weigh in this Friday - I am sure you will do well again :) I'll touch base Friday week and tell you the worst. Hopefully if I make good food choices it shouldn't be too bad + lots of swimming and walking during the day coupled with dancing to rock music until 2am for the next 8 days should help keep the fat fairies at bay ;)

No I won't be arsed either, it's also our first holiday abroad for 4 yrs too and I'm going to bloody well enjoy myself!! Can soon get back on the slim fast upon return x
I hope you have a wonderful time annya, look forward to hearing all about it when you get back x

Lost 1 lb this week. 11lb in 3 weeks is fantastic !
I am a little disappointed as I was hoping for 2 but atleast it's coming off.
My goal for this week is 2lb. I'm going to make more of an effort to drink the full quota of water and will make sure I get 2 - 3 swimming sessions in too.
I'm going to cinema with the girlies tonight, I will save 2 snax for then and take them with me, will save a lot of calories and money ! X

Well proud of myself went to the cinema and walked straight past the pick an mix (woohoo)
Can you believe it's £8.40, I nearly dropped on the floor lol.
I took with me caramel snack a jacks and a curly Worley so I didn't feel left out as the girls tucked into their nachos x

Hi there mcv, I've read this thread from the beginning for a little bit of motivation. Since august last yr I was on TFR for a month & lost a stone then I switched to ww which I got into a habit of using pp for choc & not eating as much healthy stuff. Then kinda dabbled wi sw for few weeks. Now I'm prob back to same weight as last aug before tfr. I'm kinda thinking trying sf for a huge kick up the backside as at least I don't ave as many choices around food.
My question is what are the rules around sf?
How many shakes a day?
What snacks can you ave?
Hope you don't mind me posting here & asking you, it's just you seem to know what you're doin.
Many thanks Kay xxx

Hi Kay, no Hun don't mind at all, yr diet history is very similar to mine, just playing around with it, wanting to loose weight but can't quite be arsed with it all, and in the end quite frankly I was bloody fed up of food as I have said before life evolves around food while on a diet it's almost obsessional.
The plan is to have 2 shakes a day, ( made with 250 ml skimmed milk, I use soya milk, I use a hand blender, and add some ice)
Mainly I have them for breakfast and lunch, but sometimes depending in what I'm doing I may have them for lunch and tea or breakfast and tea.
3 snax a day of 100 cals, so I generally have 100 cals worth of milk for cups of tea, and something like fruit, youhurt etc.
A meal to the value of 600 cals, if yr not used to counting calories my fitness pal app is great, yr more than welcome to add me as a friend.
At the moment boots have the sf 1/2 price so it's 2.99 a tin, I prefere the strawberry one but chocolate is pretty nice too haven't tried vanilla,
If u take the plunge join us on this thread x

Some ideas for snacks kiwi and a nectarine. A vegetable platter with carrots celery cucumber peppers with humous, apple & low fat yoghurt, banana, cuppa soup! Nuts

Back from Rhodes Rock today. It was HOT (40 degrees some days :eek:) so I am very brown - whichis nice coz it makes you look slimmer ;)

Music was absolutely amazing and if I haven't lost any weight there is no justice in this world as it was a good mile walk uphill into the village everyday from the apartment we were staying in which was right on the main beach - GORGEOUS :D We did loads of walking, snorkelling, swimming and (of course) dancing so by rights I should have lost some weight. However, my guts are playing up a bit due to the change in diet, dehydration (despite drinking at least 3 litres of water a day) etc so I may be a bit backed up (sorry TMI :eek:). Oh, and then there was the homemade pistachio ice cream I discovered which won't have helped either :rolleyes:

Official weigh in tomorrow so I will be beack to give you the news!

Sounds like you had a fab time annya, I wouldnt worry what the scales say, you haven't been away for so long it was more important that you totally enjoyed yourself. Just start afresh !
I love Rhodes we went there several years ago x

Whoops 3.6lbs ON :eek:

I think at least some of it is likely to be a combination of carb bloat and water retention as I do have a very sticky out tummy (lots of white pitta bread!) and swollen ankles and hands still, despite drinking at least 3 litres of water every day. I can't believe that I overeaten so much in the last fortnight that I have gained so much fat, especially as we skipped lunch most days because it was so hot. And I didn't have one alcoholic drink at all!

The holiday was well worth whatever the gain was though. Move on and start back off down the path......... hopefully I should drop a good amount of it by next week.

From what you are saying annya it really sounds like its more the dodgie tummy and the bread etc, once your system settles down that will quickly come off again!
It's not worth stressing over, we need the enjoyment out of life too don't we otherwise what have we got to look forward to?!
I really want to get down to 11st 7lb by the time we go away and I will work hard to get there, but once on holiday I'm not going to think about it till we get back, we have paid a lot for the holiday and I'm just going to chill an go with the flow ;)
Well I say that, our holidays evolve round the children so I expect we will be on the go all day lol

Half a pound down overnight so at least some this gain is bloat. Looking at how I ate over the past 10 days a lot of extra calories could have been the dressings on salads - I usually make my own virtually zero fat and sugar versions, but had whatever was given to me in Greece which was probably full fat Greek yoghurt in the tatziki and full fat mayo in the cocktail dressings. I did also have loads of white flat breads dipped in herby olive oils which I don't suppose helped :rolleyes: and most of the meats didn't have all the fat removed as I do at home, although they were all grilled.

Anyway no point in dwelling on it now. I am seriously back on track and aiming for a lean 7 days to see how much of it I can shift back off again :D

Omg Fresh Greek taziki I loved that when we went, it's not quite the same from morrisons, probably tastes even better in the Greek sunshine!
Just think it could of been much worse if you hadn't of got all that exercise, a good lean week will do the trick and the few holiday pounds will have disappeared by next week ;)
I don't know how I will do this week, I am so determined, but I feel so yack today and really can't face eating, I've had 1 shake and 1 pack of mini cheddars, blasted TOTM does my head in, week before all I want to do is eat crap which I resisted ( yea me) and then I can't face a thing, I will be ok by Monday

Omg Fresh Greek taziki I loved that when we went, it's not quite the same from morrisons, probably tastes even better in the Greek sunshine! Yes, it was lovely. I make my own at home with Total 0% Greek yoghurt, cucmber and fresh peppermint from the garden - not quite the same as you do lose some of the creaminess, but still much better than shop-bought for sure.

Just think it could of been much worse if you hadn't of got all that exercise, a good lean week will do the trick and the few holiday pounds will have disappeared by next week ;) I probably won't lose it all as I am a very slow loser, but I am hoping to have scraped back at least a couple of pounds - we shall see. It is a pig being over 50 and menopausal - it makes weight loss so much more difficult :( - it used to just fall off me when I was younger, but not now I am afraid. All the more reason to make sure I don't let it all pile back on again this time huh?

I don't know how I will do this week, I am so determined, but I feel so yack today and really can't face eating, I've had 1 shake and 1 pack of mini cheddars, blasted TOTM does my head in, week before all I want to do is eat crap which I resisted ( yea me) and then I can't face a thing, I will be ok by Monday Your MFP diary is looking good so I expect you will lose at least another couple of pounds this week - good luck!

Fingers crossed for our respective weigh ins this week :D

Yes good luck to yr weight loss too, all that digging in the garden must have made a difference!
You may find it difficult to loose weight but for many that would be a good reason not to do it, and for others to give up, but you are doing so well, and like we have said before, the scales are just a number, it's far more important to be eating healthily,exercising and feeling comfortable within ourselves.
Now I've lost a stone ( got 2 1/2 ish to go) I'm
Already feeling better, I put that down to cutting out bread, and more confident although I wouldn't particularly say I am generally an unconfident person, getting back into clothes that haven't fitted for a while is fantastic even though I used to call them my fat clothes lol

Back