First expperience with slim fast

I tried the pre-made Raspberry Crush shake this morning........... all I can say is don't bother :yuk: :sign0137: :9529:

That's a shame, but I must admit I love the strawberry shake I make it with soya milk, whizz it up with hand held blender and add a couple of ice cubes. I've got a tin of chocolate but I only use that if I have run out as although ok I prefere the strawberry.

I like strawberry mixed half/half with vanilla and blitzed in the smoothie maker with ice, but my ultimate favourite is banana/caramel "banoffee".......... it's gorgeous :D

I find the cholocate a bit rich and have to mix it with cafe latte (sadly discontinued in the powder now) and vanilla to make "cafe mocha" which is nice, but I just thought I'd ring the changes a bit as I am getting bored with the usual flavours and I wish hadn't bothered. Thankfully I just bought the one to try so at least I won't be wasting any (actually they would have gone to the local charity shop if I had - I hate waste!).

I think I will forego the ice today though - it is grey, grizzly and cold here today - more like March than July... what has happened to the weather in the UK the last few summers?

I know annya the weather is depressing here too!
At least with the individual pre made shakes you can try them before you commit to buying a whole tin, but I also find that lots of places seem limited to what they sell.
Our local boots only sell chocolate and vanilla, and morrisons only have strawberry, but I suppose the stores around here are small town stores and don't hold a big variety of anything :( I'm quite happy with my strawberry at the moment though x

Hi there, had my first choc shake this morn & tracking my snacks on my fitness pal. Morrisons have the shakes on offer at the mo & bought chocolate & vanilla & thought I could add coffee to the vanilla as I used to do that on lipotrim. I've not weighed myself as I don't want to depress myself too much but hopefully after a week I'll start to feel better about my self & be able to get on the scales then take it from there.
Kay xxxx

Good luck Hun on your first weigh in, remember to drink plenty of water, I find it helpfully to remember how much I have lost rather than how much I need to loose, let each and every pound spur you on and encourage you to carry one day at a time.
I'm on mfp if you want to add me clairevaughan x

Thankyou, I always look at what I've got to lose or look at the past saying well this time last yr I weighed less etc or I think well I still ant lost Xmas weight I gained. I need to concentrate on here & now. I can eat when I'm not hungry so now I need to keep telling myself "I'm not hungry, I don't need that" or I'll ave a drink & that makes me forget about food. I like only avin to worry about one meal a day. I'm also choosing snacks more wisely. On ww I knew I could eat ANYTHING & just point it accordingly. I know I'm only on day one but feel more positive already.
I'll add u on MFP but not sure what I'm supposed to be doin on there,
Kay xxx

If your always looking back you can't focus on where you are going!
When I started slim fast I was pretty disgusted with myself, I thought about when I got married I was a size 10-12 but I was on 16 points a day doing weight watchers, ( I would save 2 points per day for weekends) there was no free foods then, I went to the gym twice a week, swimming twice a week, an airobics class, and hips bums and tums class! But I was also in my early 20's, didn't have 2 beautiful children and a full time job and I definitely had more time and money!!
I'm learning that it's about changing the way I think, snacks should be healthy, a treat doesn't have to be food, I don't need to eat it just because it's there and this time it's going to be for life, I am a person who has always struggled with my weight its been up and down and I'm some one who will all ways have a weight issue if I don't keep on top of it but that's just the way it is so I have to deal with it.
I think the biggest thing is facing up to it and getting started, and by doing that you feel more positive, I never thought I would last on SF TBH, but I'm still here a month on and still very positive about the whole experience, I've now lost 15lbs and getting back into clothes I haven't worn for ages and it feels great!
Congratulations on your first day, keep positive and just tackle one day at a time, you will soon get the hang of MFP but if you want to know anything just ask I will help if I can x

Kay - I agree with Claire. Just take it one day at a time and don't look back. The past is the past, it has gone and theres' nowt you can do about it now. If I have a bad day (and believe me I do!) I just get back on the wagon the next morning and try to learn from where I have gone off the rails. I have also had weight issues most of my adult life - so for at least the last 35 years - but this time round I am looking at this as a lifestyle change rather than (yet another!) diet.

I am getting closer to target now and trying to wean down to one shake a day and two meals as I know I can't stay on two shakes a day for the rest of my life - this is where MFP comes in really handy. Unlike the good old days (ha, ha!) you don't have to look everything up in a little book and guesstimate because half of the foods you want aren't in there. Most foods also have weights so you don't have to guess on portion sizes (one of my greatest downfalls is my portion sizes used to be Hagrid size :eek:), just weigh out what you are having or look at the calories first and you can make descions on how much you have based on what the calorie content is.

As for snacks.... well, I am still fairly "naughty" I must say although I will happily snack on fruit etc I do like a little treat every day so one of my snacks is usually biscuit or cakey based :eek: However, I have found those wee packs of biscuits (meant for kids lunchboxes I guess) a help as they are a measured amount and I can stop at one packet, whereas if I have a packet of regular biscuits in the cupboard I will just graze one evey time I go past without even really thinking about it and eat the lot before I know it :cry:Same goes for cakes - I buy packs of individual bars and stop at just the one.

Add me too on MFP if you like - I am AnnyaSB - we can do this with a little help from each other :)

Back