First food diary!

Rachel7896

Yesterday was a pretty good day!

Breakfast - Banana

Lunch - Homemade Spicy Tomato Soup (chopped tomatoes, beans, mushrooms, peppers, courgette, garlic, red onion, chili, paprika and herbs all blended with chicken stock)

Snack - 1 Chocolate Digestive (4 syns) + Satsuma

Tea - Slow cooked pork shoulder with fat removed (marinade included 3 tsp of brown sugar which is 3 syns i think? Only counting 1 syn though as i had 1/3 of the pork!) with jacket potato, corn on the cob, cauliflower and cabbage. Squirt of light mayo (1 syn - about half a tablespoon!)

Dessert - Banana with low fat squirty cream (1/2 syn) and a drizzle of strawberry sauce (anyone have any idea on the syn value of Strawberry Sauce?? i guessed at about 2 syns!)

I've calculated that at 8 1/2 syns for the day!

Today i've had a banana for breakfast, and i plan on having the same soup for lunch! Tea is a syn free stir fry as i'm eating out tomorrow night at Chiquitos (Mexican) so saving today's syns!

Yesterday was a good day too!

Breakfast - Banana
Lunch - Homemade Tomato Soup
Snack - Grapes, Apple and a bit of cheese (HE)
Tea - Chicken Stir Fry, using the left over sauce from the marinaded pork on Monday night. I'll count 1syn for that as there was probably some left over brown sugar in there!

Dessert i had a banana with light squirty cream again (1/2 syn) - i think i'm becoming addicted to that!

Syns for the day - 1 1/2 (saving syns for tea tomorrow night!)

Today i'm having

Breakfast - Banana
Lunch - Low Fat Super Noodles (Which i think are free, they're the Chilli Chicken flavour?)
Snack - 2 x Ryvita (HE) with 2 x extra light laughing cow cheeses (HE)

Tea tonight is at Chiquitos! I'm always terrible at eating out and make bad choices because i hate paying the same amount for a salad as my friends do to get a burger! Its impossible to resist the Nacho's at chiquitos so i'm going to have them, even though i know how bad they are. For my main course i'm going to have spicy chicken with mexican rice, corn on the cob and tomato salsa. So hopefully that wont be too bad! Does anyone have any idea about syns at Chiquitos??

Really enjoyed my tea at Chiquitos last night!

I had Nacho's as a starter - i don't even want to estimate the syns there! From having a look on here i've seen someone saying a portion was 65 syns!! I cant see it being that many considering there was only about 10 actual nachos, and half of them didn't have any toppings on...but maybe i'm just trying to make myself feel better!

My main course was roast chicken (which i removed the skin from) with mexican rice and a tomato salsa. I'm hoping that would have been relatively syn free, apart from maybe a couple of syns to account for any oil it was cooked in - although it didn't taste oily at all!

I had a small pot of Ben and Jerrys frozen yoghurt, the chocolate fudge brownie flavour. It was amazing, hard to believe its frozen yoghurt, it tasted just like ice cream! I've seen that is 9 syns per 100g. No idea how much 100g of ice cream is, but it sounds quite a lot so i don't think that's too bad!

I had my whole 15 syns for the day to use, and 13.5 from yesterday so i'm hoping i didn't go too far over! Having a syn free day today as well, just to be sure!

Back