first gain, could cry!

charlies_mummy

all for my little man x
I had my first gain this week, only 1/2 lb but still... am furious! I have been extra good this week, loads of superfree, never more than 5-6 syns a day and plenty of body magic. Can't think of anything I can blame it on, which makes me even more cross! Was hoping for my 2 1/2 stone award today as well!!! Grrrrrrr :mad:

charlies_mummy don't lose heart as you know you are on the right track and it will be gone for sure next week...it could be just a bit of water retention.

Half a pound is nothing but at the same time I know it is upsetting when you have worked so hard this week and were looking for your two and half stone award.

Hang in there...the two and half stone award is waiting for you and it will be yours very soon.

If I had a pound for every person who missed their next award along by half a pound I would have enough money to buy a franchise and be a consultant. It is the law of Slimming World. Thou shalt work hard and be on target for your next award but thou shalt always have to wait till next week to get it because thy body hast not played ball, and wants to give thou a bit of a mental beating for refusing to fill it with chocolate.

Dont take it to heart, it is RIDICULOUSLY common to have an unexplained gain and especially when you have been supermega good. Your body doesnt understand what you want. It just does what it does and can be very unpredictable. As Mini said, 1/2 lb is easily attributable to a bit of water retention, or a bit of constipation, or *week, or even "no good reason at all". Stick with it, that award WILL be yours.

Awwwwww it is annoying and difficult to understand, luckily I've not gained since having xmas week off, but my losses have varied from 0.6lb to 5.5lb loss per week, I never have more than 7 syns daily (usually 0-2) apart from fri/sat on voddies, there is no explanation or reason to it just fingers crossed that next week will be a biggie :)

I know you are a toughie and I know that whilst you are disappointed, you will carry on and next week you will be there.....

It isn't the half pound you have put on that is upsetting but the 2lbs you didn't lose..........

stick with it lovely friend..........

hugs xxxxx

Thanks everyone, I know I shouldn't take it to heart but it was just so infuriating!

Sue, I think you are right, I am more cross that I didn't lose the 1 1/2 lbs to get my award rather than that I gained, I deserve that sticker!!! Will def do 2 lbs next week though, am determined

x

:happy036::happy036:You sound like a very positive person as this hasn't put you off in any way, just made you mad. Next week for sure.:happy096:

dont lose faith, it could be close to your star week (period), lots of us experience this.....
Keep motivated and keep up the great work youve already done. Dont be so hard on yourself

Have you tried drinking green tea after your meals? I started drinking it a while back. I have either Lemon or mint and have to put two Candarel in. But now I prefer it to tea tea!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I had my first gain this week, only 1/2 lb but still... am furious! I have been extra good this week, loads of superfree, never more than 5-6 syns a day and plenty of body magic. Can't think of anything I can blame it on, which makes me even more cross! Was hoping for my 2 1/2 stone award today as well!!! Grrrrrrr :mad:

Trust me, I feel your pain and anguish. I wanted to give up, cry, fight the world, kick the cat (and I don't even have a cat) and all other things associated with anger.

I put on a pound in my 5th week and never put a foot wrong, was 100% and never under or over-synned etc.

Just look at my signature to see that it isn't the end of the world - though it does feel like it. I can laugh about it now, but at the time I was fuming! lol

Steve

Yay, lost 3 1/2 pounds this week, and got my 2 1/2 stone certificate :) Makes me feel much better about last week! x

That's my girl !!!! Well done !!!

Well done on the award! I'm so frustrated cos last week needed 1 and a half for my 2 stone award and only lost half despite being good. What's more annoying is I was so peeved that after last weeks WI I went and ate a pepperoni pizza and half an Easter egg, and then on Friday had battered sausage & chips from chippy grrrr. Anyway I have been super good since Saturday but had a sneaky peek on scales this morning & don't think I've lost anything so soooo not looking forward to WI tonight :(

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Back