Extra Easy first half stone

traciig

First day on here and 3rd week of sw. lost 2lb this week which is 7lb in total. :D wish it was shifting quicker as got over 4 stone to go!!

traciig said:
First day on here and 3rd week of sw. lost 2lb this week which is 7lb in total. :D wish it was shifting quicker as got over 4 stone to go!!

Well done-that's a great loss in 3 weeks. Welcome to minimins. There is a brilliant thread which is a 'sticky' at the top of the page, all about information for newbies. If you need any help with anything-just ask, we don't bite :) x

just make sure you search the forums before asking a question as some people get funny on here if you ask the same question twice

Sorry but Its true and it has happened to several people on here now not just me and I think thats uncalled for really

I don't mean to offend anyone but there are people out there on here that do and its really not right

People say that new posters will not want to post if they read these 'offensive' posts about repeated questions. Do you not think bringing this up to new members on their new threads is gonna be just as damaging? Stirring up old arguments methinks!

OP, well done on your losses you're doing great. Its an excellent plan!

Pay no attention to the negative comments, ask what you want on here, there are sub forums at the top of the site....recipes, diaries, non scale victories (NSV) Eating out, Healthy Extras etc, if you need to ask about any of these post them in the relevant sections and you're likely to get a better repsonse, if you happen to post in the wrong section one of the mods will just move it to the proper place! Have a wee look around and familiarise yourself with the site, you'll get the hang of it in no time! :)

Well done on your weight loss so far! :)

aesir22 said:
People say that new posters will not want to post if they read these 'offensive' posts about repeated questions. Do you not think bringing this up to new members on their new threads is gonna be just as damaging? Stirring up old arguments methinks!

OP, well done on your losses you're doing great. Its an excellent plan!

I personally suggested that the op read the newbies post as it explains about how many posts you need to get avatars and different privileges etc. no one is stirring up any arguments. If you feel they are, then that is what the 'report' button is for :)

Tiger I didn't mean you lol. I was meaning the post by little miss about repeated questions. I supported the comments on the bump thread lol. I dont support disgruntled members risking scaring off new people just to dig at posters who were pointing out a search facility.

But enoughs enough. Sorry to hijack the thread! Do you follow extra easy traciig? I used to but switched to green

Last edited:
Little Miss Determined said:
just make sure you search the forums before asking a question as some people get funny on here if you ask the same question twice

I think this is a completely un necessary comment. A hello and welcome and well done would have been slightly more appropriate. This comment itself would put any new comers off posting quite honestly

traciig said:

1/2 a stone in 3 weeks is a brilliant weight loss! I'd also try not thinking about how far you have to go. Split it into little chunks. Maybe guest a goal of 1/2 a stone a month? Completely realistic & a real motivator.

Best of luck x

Well done on your fab loss!

Little Miss has already said she didnt mean to offend anyone and I for one enjoy all the posts that she does , she was just pointing out that when you're new and post in the wrong places some people dont like it. I am still getting to know my way around and I have felt like I have been told off a couple of times when it was a genuine mistake x

stivesliz said:
Well done on your fab loss!

Little Miss has already said she didnt mean to offend anyone and I for one enjoy all the posts that she does , she was just pointing out that when you're new and post in the wrong places some people dont like it. I am still getting to know my way around and I have felt like I have been told off a couple of times when it was a genuine mistake x

This is precisely why the mods create newbie posts for people to read :) it gives them guidance and explains the rules of the forum. it frustrates a lot of people when these rules are clear yet they are still ignored several times a day!

This is precisely why the mods create newbie posts for people to read :) it gives them guidance and explains the rules of the forum. it frustrates a lot of people when these rules are clear yet they are still ignored several times a day!

I am getting better, having made a few unintentional mistakes and haven't deliberately ignored anything! I love this website and am still finding my way around it , as I expect are most people!!!

The only thing that frustrates me as a (relative) newbie is the passive aggressive way some posters ask/tell people to search and see if the question has already been asked. I personally don't mind lots of posts asking the the same/ similar questions, you always get new or different input on the question instead of your question being tagged onto a ridiculously long thread of thousands of posts that are that old are probably not even correct now anyway!

To the OP well done, it is a good loss but i'm like you, I want it to happen really quickly. Slowly is the best way to lose it though apparently.:)

Pepsi77 said:
The only thing that frustrates me as a (relative) newbie is the passive aggressive way some posters ask/tell people to search and see if the question has already been asked. I personally don't mind lots of posts asking the the same/ similar questions, you always get new or different input on the question instead of your question being tagged onto a ridiculously long thread of thousands of posts that are that old are probably not even correct now anyway!

To the OP well done, it is a good loss but i'm like you, I want it to happen really quickly. Slowly is the best way to lose it though apparently.:)

It's not that 'we' are telling people to search. It is one of the forum 'rules' and is the long thread of advice that starlight put together :)

well said x

It's not that 'we' are telling people to search. It is one of the forum 'rules' and is the long thread of advice that starlight put together :)

and we appreciate that but as Pepsi77 said sometimes a thread will have hundreds of posts and by posting a thread asking a similar question and differently worded some time after will generate new responses and perhaps a different audience?

Back