Extra Easy first half stone

Pepsi77 said:
To the OP well done, it is a good loss but i'm like you, I want it to happen really quickly. Slowly is the best way to lose it though apparently.:)

The OP's weight loss so far is really really not a slow one. An average of 1-2lbs a week is considered normal for SW, so 7lbs in 3 weeks is considerably above average.

If you want fast weight loss, then SW is probably not the best plan. If you want to change your eating habits long term, then you are in the right place.

The OP's weight loss so far is really really not a slow one. An average of 1-2lbs a week is considered normal for SW, so 7lbs in 3 weeks is considerably above average.

If you want fast weight loss, then SW is probably not the best plan. If you want to change your eating habits long term, then you are in the right place.

Totally agree! I have friends that come to Sw from WW and get frustrated when they dont lose half a stone in the first week. SW is a plan for life, and one that i think ( and hope ) that I will be able to maintain when I get to target.
My weight loss averaged to just under a pound a week last year which may not seem much but it was 4 stone in total. And not once did i go hungry lol! x

Tbf I never said the op's loss was slow, I said I, like her, wanted to lose it quickly but that slowly was the best way. Also the majority of people with 4+ st to lose will have a significantly bigger loss in the first week or two!

Pepsi77 said:
Also the majority of people with 4+ st to lose will have a significantly bigger loss in the first week or two!

I'm afraid that's not true. I have rarely lost more than 3bs a week, My 1st 3 weight in I lost 1lb, 2lbs & 1.5lbs. I had 5.5 stone to loose

I'm afraid that's not true. I have rarely lost more than 3bs a week, My 1st 3 weight in I lost 1lb, 2lbs & 1.5lbs. I had 5.5 stone to loose

As I said, the 'majority', not everybody. In my experience with my friends and in my group this is definitely the case but I know it's not like that for everybody.

I am not taking up more of the OP's thread on this discussion. My experience of my group is clearly very different to yours.

What I would say is that if people have a unrealistic expectation of how much weight they are going to loose on SW, then they are unlikely to stick to it long term. The OP considered 7lbs in 3 weeks a slow weight loss, and you then empathised with her, saying, you too wanted a really quick weight loss. The implication being that you actually agreed with her that her weight loss was slow, which it clearly is not. If that is not what you want, then I am sorry in,is understood you.

OP, best of luck with eating to your target.

Last edited:
But to me 'wishing' you could lose all your weight quickly and 'expecting' to lose weight quickly are two completely different things!

Fwiw I read the OP that she was starting her third week meaning she's only actually had two weigh ins, which is a phenomenal loss by anyones expectations, so no, no part of me was in any way saying that her loss was slow.

Back