First Meeting and Meeting the Parents

smee123

Hello all

I had my first Cambridge diet meet up with a CDC . I got the info – have not bought any sachets have decided that a new start requires prep and a new month so am gonna start on july 2 ( my next meeting is on July 1)

The woman was the most glamorous woman I have ever met – looking ab fab in her pencil skirt and amazingly manicured appearance - her apartment smelt amazingly nice and warm and comforting. It was just an intro session but I got all my measurements found out…………………. That I had lost 4 pounds hahaha – was lighter than I thought, needed to loose less weight than I thought – instead of 4st I need to loose 3 stone at the most to be a good weight and the whole program would last for 3-4 months at the most…. ( subject to how I respond to it of course)

I think I am gonna like the program – she said not to worry about hair loss – was not as big an issue given that my BMI is not over 30 J and told me to do as much excercise as poss - cause every little helps ;)

I will be starting soon – wish me luck :character00180: But there is something I am concerned about. Telling my parents. They are both doctors and are very anti dieting scheme such as the cambridge or slimming world - as they think simple excercise and good food over a loong time will be the solution. That maybe true but I need a little helping hand from cambridge... How do I convince them to support me - cause they wont - they r old fashioned and I cant hide it from them - when they visit.........

good luck... it works...just drink loads of water and your time on diet will go quickly. you are on the right site for support.
look forward to watching your progress.

claire

this is a difficult one seeing they are doctors but maybe it will help by explaining the diet more, and that you will be doing the diet alongside a qualified CDC. At the end of the day you are your own person so the decision should be yours. I hope they support you xx

I hope they support me too- but its an added stress if in those times when I feel like giving up - there is a respected voice telling me you know I dont need to do this and being negative all the time....... Luckily I live in London and they live nr Manchester - but they vsit often ........ and I am v close to my dad - he notices over the phone when I am trying to hide things ..... Ah well Ill just have to deal.......No point hiding anything anyways

at the end of the day hon it's your life. they can say what they like and they can persuade all they want but if you really want this then there isn't really anything they can do to stop you other than preach at you, and we're all used to that from parents :)

good luck babes.

abz xx

I agree with you .. there is no point in hiding anything especially seeing as you are so close. Hope things go o.k and sorry I dont have any words of wisdom for you xx

Smee123, your parents disapprove for one of 2 reasons;
1) they don't understand how the diet works/how carefully it is monitored/that it is based on safe nutrition
2) as doctors they have seen it all before i.e. seen people lose and pile it all back on again. Actually given that statistically that is what most dieters do you can't really blame them for that.
I would ask them to please respect my effort to lose weight, acknowledge that they do not approve of the method but that could it please not be discussed and that you need their support in this. You could also point out (as I have to with my non-medical but trim mother) that if you could do the portion control thing, you would have done it that way. It is very difficult for people who do not /have never had a problem with their weight to understand our problems with food. I have had to point this out to my mother lots of times and she still comes out with the usual stuff - portion sizes/a little of everything etc etc blah blah blah.

Tina

My sister is a doctor and I havent told her yet but my cdc gave me a leaflet specifically for doctors to give them all the scientific information. Might be worth asking yours if she has a copy. Good luck:)

Thanks for that info and support you guys - annoying doctor relatives...... hahahaha

Hah. My mother is a nurse and she disapproves of this, she was going on to me about how she used to play hockey twice a week at my age and she wasn't my size at my age blah blah blah.
But she's also the one who buys mini rolls and cookies and whatever else, and puts them on the side for anyone to eat.
And she's also the one who is now a size 24. Hah.

And my dad was saying I've 'started a life of yo-yo dieting' but I'm going to prove them both wrong by getting to goal and maintaining my weight.

The best revenge is to better yourself, so that's what I'm going to do! :)

Jenni x

i am the fat one in the family. although my mum is starting to gain a wee bit. but she has such a bird like structure a size 14 looks bit on her at 5 foot 7. but anyways. her and her two sisters are gorgeous. they are glamorous. they are skinny and attractive and i have been the lump of a hippy on the end for years. NO MORE. plus. there's loads of my mum's clothes i want to nick when i'm skinnier than she is :D :D

abz xx

Hah. My mother is a nurse and she disapproves of this, she was going on to me about how she used to play hockey twice a week at my age and she wasn't my size at my age blah blah blah.
But she's also the one who buys mini rolls and cookies and whatever else, and puts them on the side for anyone to eat.
And she's also the one who is now a size 24. Hah.

And my dad was saying I've 'started a life of yo-yo dieting' but I'm going to prove them both wrong by getting to goal and maintaining my weight.

The best revenge is to better yourself, so that's what I'm going to do! :)

Jenni x

excellent advice. My dad used to be the cptain of all possible sports teams at my age ! and is still unfortunately very fit - embarrasing fact is that he weighes less than me ...........( only by 4 kg ) anyway - i am gonna try and prove them wrong:eek: - but i hope i will be able to cope with the negativity. I dont get along as well with mymum - but I can just ignore her since she is also overweight herself........:eek: i amm prepping myself.........

I dont get along as well with my mum - but I can just ignore her since she is also overweight herself
:D just think how good you'll feel when you're skinny and she isn't!

My parents have been quite negative, so have some of my friends and some people just find it weird, but you just have to think to yourself, 'in x months I will be x stone lighter!'
And I keep that in my head and people find it very annoying how smug I am :D
They shouldn't have started on me if they can't take the smugness! :p

Wishing you all the luck in the world!
Show them who's right! :D

Jenni x

hahaah that is true - good luck to you - i am kinda similar to you - I want to be 9 st am currently 12st3 lb ......... hope we can get there - i am debating of how to break it to them
maybe i should not say anything till they notice ...............

I wouldn't tell them unless they asked or noticed :p
That way by the time they figure it out, you'll probably be in ketosis and not that bothered by food :)

Wish I didn't live with my parents!
For the first few days my mum was getting biscuits and mini rolls and god knows what else and putting them on the side in the kitchen, and she cooked bacon and eggs for my dad too :eek:

But I think she got the point when I cooked my sister a bacon sandwich and wasn't tempted :p

well doen jenni ! - i dont live with my parents but they vist - we should buddy diet hehe :) and help each other out - so if u have some serious moaning to do - feel free to email me :)

Back