First meeting soon

Button

Hello everyone!

I'm joining Slimming World this Wednesday. My mum is already with Slimming World in my home town, and suggested that it would be a good diet for me - she knows I wouldn't last on any diet that denied me chocolate buttons!

I'm quite looking forward to it, though I am nervous. I'm so glad I found this forum - reading all the tips and support has made me raring to go!

My main worry: when I looked up my local group, it seems that the group leader is a man. I know I'm probably being silly, but I'm nervous discussing my weight with a man. I don't even really have any male friends - certainly none that I'd talk to about my weight! :S

Anyone have any reassurance for my first meeting? It would be greatly appreciated! :)

Hey!

Welcome to the forum and of course SW!

Unfortunately I don't have any advice but I can reassure you, the leaders have all been in the same situation as you. The worst thing you're going to experience, is walking through the doors... then once you're in there it's wonderful and friendly. Honestly, I am sure a 'male' leader will be fine. We have a few men at my group and they are all lovely. I am sure you will get on great

Well Done and GOOD LUCK xx

Hi

Well done for finding a class... the hardest part is walking through the doors for the first time but please be reassured that everyone (including the consultant) is there for the same reason!

Have you phoned the local consultant? Their number should be available. Only reason I ask is that my friend goes to class and her consultant is 'Terry'. She had the same fear you did that Terry was a man but actually it's a woman.

Your actual weight is never discussed in class, your consultant will only ever talk about losses and gains. You don't even need to set your Target Weight for a while... I'm 13 classes in and haven't mentioned a target to my consultant.

Hi Button

I am also starting on Wednesday, used to post on this forum when I started LighterLife but it didn't suit me and I only lasted about one and half weeks.

Like you I am raring to go, will need to update my ticker as I have put on weight since I last came on this board.

Kaz

I'm pretty sure it's a man - unless you sometimes get women called Steven! :p
Thanks for all your lovely reassurance. I feel a bit better now! I'm glad they don't tell the class your weight, too. I didn't know that before.
Good luck for tomorrow Kaz! We'll both have to be brave :D

Back