Extra Easy First meeting tomorrow!

I've never been to SW before but am going for the first time tomorrow evening at 7pm! I am quite nervous but also a little excited. I am a 27yo guy, and I know it'll be mainly women. But I don't mind. There's a girl in work who does SW but struggles with meetings, and she may come with me as she would find it easier, and it'd help me if two of us went.

As I am sure most people on this forum will identify with, the reason I am overweight is because of an unhealthy relationship with food. I just love nice things, especially those which are really bad for me. I am also greedy with food! I go to McDonald's a few times per week, and I eat out in Nando's or curry restaurants most weeks too. Love chocolate, bread, chips, etc. etc.

I've tried before to lose weight, but have never managed to do so. I went to Overeaters Anonymous, but that did not help with my eating, and it's quite strict there that you need to stick to three meals per day with no snacking. And I also tried Alternative Daily Fasting (where you eat just 600 cals on day, and then anything the next). This worked for two weeks and I lost 6lbs, but then I could not maintain the fasting.

So, I am hoping I can stick to SW! I don't cook much but want to get into it! Have tried a few recipes on here and they were nice.

Hope to become an active member of the board! Thanks.

Welcome! :) this forum is great, so helpful. Good luck for your first meeting! See you around on here x

Hi, welcome! You'll find great info & support here..good luck tomorrow :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello and welcome. I am a 22 year old girl who is also obsessed with chocolate and take aways. Slimming world unfortunately makes u want to cook coz if u don't cook u won't eat. Slimming world is all about planning and preparing. Once u go to group stay for the meeting then plan ur food diary for the week and do ur food shop. Slimming world is not a grab and go diet U do need to plan and cook I'm afraid. I always allow my 15 syns for a chocolate bar in the evening which keeps me on track all day knowing I can have it ;-)

Welcome to SW.
When I joined I was the only man in a room full of 50 women! glad I stayed, been going for 1 year now and still enjoy it. Good luck and look for the SW equivalents of what food you like, that's what I do, then you don't miss them.....
Pete

Dont worry - the male members get loads of attention!!!!

Back