First S&S day today!

straykat

Just wanted to say hi and how helpful it has been the last few days reading the threads on here.
Today is my first day and i've had a bar & spicy spag so far, going to have a shake this pm and the a meal tonight
Found the flavours ok so far, just hungry today which is to be expected

kat x

Welcome and good luck the diet really works if you stick to it

Just wanted to say hi and how helpful it has been the last few days reading the threads on here.
Today is my first day and i've had a bar & spicy spag so far, going to have a shake this pm and the a meal tonight
Found the flavours ok so far, just hungry today which is to be expected

kat x

hey i started today too! happy days! ive had the crispy shake vanilla and a cottage pie and it was really nice! i have a head ache and its only day one.. is that normal!?

i have a choc bar and another meal to go yet :) happy days x

hiya its my first day too technically.. I tried it before but never got going properly, too much was going on and I wasnt really focussed.
round two! my method to succeed this time is, spend lots of time on minimins!

Welcome and good luck to you all. I'm on day... 10 and am absolutely loving it to be honest, best diet I've ever done. strugglingtobeperfect - how much have you drunk today? You're getting a lot less water through food so need to keep your fluid intake up, could be why you have the headache. Or could be unrelated of course.

my head has felt a bit off too, I find this in the first few days of VLCDs, more water helps.
I had a horrid headache on LL when I first started and it was caffeine withdrawal!

my head has felt a bit off too, I find this in the first few days of VLCDs, more water helps.
I had a horrid headache on LL when I first started and it was caffeine withdrawal!

ive had abotu 7 cups of coffee today with sweetner - can i get away with this....

Probably need to make sure you drink things other than coffee, isn't really good for you to just drink coffee

headaches in the first few days are usually from carb withdrawal, make sure you drink your water it will soon pass :)

Hi Strugglingtobeperfect

I would try less coffee and more water and see it it helps.
I am filling a 0.5L jug up with water and keeping it in the fridge and making sure I do 6 of those a day to get my 3L of water intake because I find it easier to keep track. I also love black coffee but am only having 2 a day because I goet headaches too if I drink too much coffee, it is the caffine that will prob be causing your headache plus it is meant to be a diuretic which doesn't help if you aren't drinking plenty of water.
good luck in your first week

kat x

I drink loads of coffee because Im a barista, but I have done for ages so Im used to it.
I just drink the same amount as I would if I wasnt on a diet, I cant see that doing any harm, it keeps me alive!

i think its a bit of everything that causing the head ache!

i have a question though.. its not actually the ketosis that makes you weight is it? isnt it the fact your on less calories?

i just weighed myself today - and i was heaviery than i thought - gutted.

so im trying extra hard now to make it happen!

i just need ot stick with it! im bad at sticking to things!:eek:

i think its a bit of everything that causing the head ache!

i have a question though.. its not actually the ketosis that makes you weight is it? isnt it the fact your on less calories?

i just weighed myself today - and i was heaviery than i thought - gutted.

so im trying extra hard now to make it happen!

i just need ot stick with it! im bad at sticking to things!:eek:

Hey Hun

Didn't you only start it yesterday tho the same as me?
The weight loss people normally record is a weekly weight loss amount so don't be gutted after one day!
Yes people can lose weight on a low cal diet alone but basically i think the ketosis helps you lose more and quicker because it uses your fat reserves for energy

does that help?
kat x

Hey Hun

Didn't you only start it yesterday tho the same as me?
The weight loss people normally record is a weekly weight loss amount so don't be gutted after one day!
Yes people can lose weight on a low cal diet alone but basically i think the ketosis helps you lose more and quicker because it uses your fat reserves for energy

does that help?
kat x

Yeah i did - i meant the weight in general was higher than i expected it to be :( - yeah we've started at the time x

im lookin forward to this time next week kat! xx

you could be over 7lbs lighter next week though!

Back