Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

First sign - my rings dont fit!!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by lillypop, 4 April 2008 Social URL.

1. lillypop

lillypop now got pictures in album

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Well today, some of my rings dont fit me! I was a little annoyed about it (as I love my rings!!) but excited that now, its starting to come off. My trousers also kept falling down today when I walked around at work :eek::eek::eek:

I think one of my goals is, 'for someone who doesnt know I am on a diet to come up to me and say 'wow you've lost weight'!! I dont know why, I think that will be really inspiring!

Next week, Its my AAMW. I've got all the food ready. I'm excited but nervous about eating food again. :rolleyes::eek::D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lisa Marie

Lisa Marie Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd
    I can't wear my wedding ring now cos it falls off, not gonna get it altered until I'm at goal.

4. letmeout

letmeout Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    12st7lb(51.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have been able to put my engagment and eternity rings back on- were too tight befoe.
    I hope to move my other rings to smaller fingers as I shrink!!

5. lillypop

lillypop now got pictures in album

Start Weight:
    23st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st4lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    isnt it great??!!! its just so exciting isnt it

6. Prettyfacebut?

Prettyfacebut? ...body-has-caught-up!!!!

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(34.47%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi Lillypop,
    I now have people approaching me at work/gym ( every couple of days now) saying " gosh you've lost SOME weight" "looking good...well done....look younger...." etc. Some of these are people I have never spoken to just smiled at in the corridor/gym.
    It is a GREAT feeling....however....I haven't told anyone I am on CD....so I feel a bit bad having to trot out my story of giving up bread/pasta/beige food due to a food intollerance.
    Whatever it takes not to get into a debate.....STILL FEELS GREAT THOUGH!! Puts a spring in my step!!
    XXXXXXXXXXXX
    Your time will come....enjoy!!

7. letmeout

letmeout Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    12st7lb(51.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It is! You are doing great on this diet !!!
    XXX

8. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Why don't you wait until you hit goal before you have them reduced and ask the jeweller to make a pair of earrings or a pendent out of the excess gold? That way you will always have that bit of jewellery to remind you of your huge achievement!

9. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

thats great news. i have had my engagment ring made bigger then smaller etc etc :( During my 1st week on cd i felt it getting loose again but im not going to do anything now until i get to goal. it was 100euro to get it made smaller last time!

10. Prettyfacebut?

Prettyfacebut? ...body-has-caught-up!!!!

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    7st3lb(34.47%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Ah Shucks....thank you!!:)....( I used to find it hard to accept a compliment....I'm getting better;))
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

We are all doing well, wherever we are on the journey.....it's a positive thing just getting started!!
    (hopefully I will find someone to buy me an engaement ring....one day:innocent0001:)
    XX

11. Heffa

Heffa Full Member

I still can't get my wedding ring on - I was 9 and a half stone when I got married. Only another million stone to go then !
    x

12. letmeout

letmeout Silver Member

Start Weight:
    24st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    12st7lb(51.47%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes- I don't get how come my rings fit as I am 8 stone heavier still than when I got married/engaged!
    I mst always have had disproportionately hgley flabby fingers!!!

13. alybongo

alybongo Full Member

I think it's a good excuse to treat yourself to a special new ring when you reach goal. ;)
    Aly x

14. Sarette

Sarette Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Well done! My rings keep turning round. I'll get them made smaller when I reach goal :) xx

15. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I havent been able to wear my wedding ring at all for about 2 years, and on and off a further 5 years not all due to weight gain, I also have arthritis so my fingers tend to swell with that too. Dont know if even if I get good weight loss if I will ever be able to wear it all the time. After all I was less than 8 stone when I got married my starting weight was about 6 st heavier than that

BUT on day 6 of CD and I noticed on day 4 that my watch was swinging around my wrist so yay!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.