First Stone gone many more to go

I get really bad hangovers, i get them when i just look at wine so "justify" that i may as well have a few glasses as have one glass. I always have milk thistle and find taking that before bed with lots of water helps. My biggest problem is that the hangover wames the hunger monster in me.
Wine is my downfall, not had any alcohol in a month and went a bit mad Tuesday after going to class and getting a few awards, I sabotaged it all by going out, having Chicken and Chips (ate it like I have never been fed before)! Then we shared a pile of wine, I thought gone off plan so may as well make it worse! All this knowing I have a family birthday tomorrow night which will definitely involve alcohol. Think because I have been doing great for weeks just felt like I needed a blow out to celebrate :D:D complete illogical idiot!!!

Food today

B = slice white toast with farmhouse pate, 2 boiled eggs
L = chicken salad with salad cream and 2 slices ryevita
D = mozzarella chicken bake with tagliatelle
S = grapes, fat free yogurt with berries, small piece chocolate cake, cheesecake

I am going to my GP end of March or beginning of April when I am back from Germany. Feel like a fraud about all this as I didn't lose a relative. Don't know why it effected me so much.

He was your neighbour so of course it will have a genuine impact on you xx.

Back to food - can you please send me some cheesecake? Right now? Thank you :).

Grief can be a very strange thing. I break up more talking about the death of a particular distant relative than any close ones. I think maybe i feel some guilt about not knowing them enough... Silly i know but if minds were rationale we would all be boring.
Give yourself time, have a good cry, do something in particular to remember or commemorate them. And then see how you feel.

Have you got all your meds, hun? See if you can avoid going outside - sit indoors and relax as much as you can - listen to some soothing music or have a nice long soak in the tub - or both xx

Big hugs love, you've got lots of support from different places so don't be afraid to ask for help.

Safe journey home xxx

Last edited:
Feeling a bit better since I got home.
Not sure how I will cope when I go to Germany in a couple of weeks.

Food wasn't to great today went well over points.

B = slice white toast with Farmhouse late and 2 boiled eggs
L = salad with lighter cheese, tinned salmon and mayonnaise, 2 ryevita
D = melt in the middle fish cake, 2 fish fingers, mushy peas, a few oven chips
S Fat free yogurt with berries, apple, small piece chocolate cake

food today

B = slice wholemeal toast with pate, 2 tomatoes, 2 boiled eggs
L = garlic bread
D = quorn roast

Dinner is at our friends house so not sure what we have with the roast. Zero alcohol wine for me though xx

Last edited:
What a wash out today was. Still managed ti go to Liverpool for a bit of shopping. Didn't buy much though. Everything I n M&S was like your granny's finest. Not at all what I would wear. Only got a couple of leggings and a basic black top.

Food today

B = slice wholemeal toast with half tsp butter, mushrooms with cream cheese and 2 Boiled eggs
L = slice rye bread , homemade houmous, 2 tomatoes
D = butternut squash and goats cheese wellington, Brussel sprouts and broccoli

Over points but under calorie goal. Done about 1hour walking as well. Xx

Busy day at work today. Not long and I am off to Germany for z week. Hope it might help me feeling better.

B = slice wholemeal toast with pate, 2 boiled eggs
L = salad with chicken and houmous, 2 ryevita
D = quorn Bolognese, 75g whole-wheat pasta, parmesan
S = fat free yogurt with berries, apple , orange, 1 chocolate seashell

Hope you get a chance to relax on holiday. A break is great but i find visiting family exhausting no matter how much i love or miss them.

Back