First time dieter

Archangel

So i've been talking it over with the trainer in my gym and apparently before really committing myself to muscle building i should shed a couple of kilos off my waist.

Thing is, he's not so great with nutrition ( yeah i know... the place is cheap and has a good set of exercise machines, not to mention it's all i can afford at the moment ) and i've always been blessed with a pretty good metabolism so i never had to diet before.

As such, i was hoping you guys could help me out a bit. What foods should i avoid? Should i switch my exercise plans from strength to cardio? How do i keep myself off of this "starvation mode" i keep hearing about? The way things are all the sugar i'm getting is from the orange juice i drink in every meal, should i give that up as well?

I'm not looking for easy solutions, i know these things take time but i have all the questions and nobody to find the answers. That's where, i'm hoping, you guys come in.

I'm a 20 year old male btw, nice to meet you all
smile.gif

hi archangel sorry can't help you but didn't want to read and run think you might need to go on a gym? forum to get the advice you need good luck :)
<LI class="g knavi">
weight loss - free information on losing weight

Free information about weight loss, losing weight and losing fat, diet, ... Don' t get me wrong, you should NOT be eating 0 grams of fat every day, ... that water that will give you energy and speed your weight loss. - STRENGTH TRAINING! ...
www.intense-workout.com/weight_loss.html -
Cached - Similar
<LI class="g knavi">
What foods should you avoid and what foods should you eat to lose ...

For example, weight training will increase muscle. Muscle is your metabolic ... What kind of foods should you not eat if you are trying to lose weight? ...
wiki.answers.com › ... › HealthFitnessDiet and Weight Loss - Cached

don't know if this will be any help

Last edited:
Hi and welcome. Sorry unable to help with your queston but if you asked it in the fitness secton you might get more replies.

Irene xx

Back