first time here

nettie

Gold Member
hello everyone!
Just wanted to introduce myself as my ww journey is going to be starting soon. I'm going to my first meeting on Thursday evening and I'm sooo nervous! About 3 years ago I did slimming world and lost 2.5stone in 3 months but then got pregnant and gave up.... and now i'm back to square 1 :sigh:
So my name is Annette or Nettie (i dont mind either) i have 2 children aged 5 and 2 1/2 years and I'm desperate to lose about 5 stone!

Hello and welcome :)

look forward to getting to know you

thanks very much, seems very friendly here, looking forward to chatting to everyone... i'm sure i'll be asking lots of questions when thursday comes lol x

Its very nice...everyone is sooo helpful.

Good luck for thursday too

xx

im so scared of going on my own for the first time, when i went to sw i went with my MIL. i got some vouchers for 12 weeks from my doctors so i am determined to do it but finding it very daunting. is ww easy to follow? bit worried im not gonna get it and the last thing i want is to gain

Yeah its easy once you get the hang of it. You soon get to know the points value of things as you get into it.

It has its up and downs and theres times when i struggle to save points and crave bad things. But the most of the time...i east what i want and within moderation.

Its taught me i can still have the things i like so long as i modify other things.

I found it easy to sit the night before and plan what im going to have the following day including snacks. That way your not tempted to raid the fridge and have to stand for ages working out points ect.

Im sure you will be fine hun..anymore things you want to know just ask :)

i think its the points that sound the scary part as at sw there is none of that. on the first night do they give you a pack or something that tells me how to work out points and stuff?

Hello and welcome to ww look forward to chatting to you.! you will do fab in the 12 weeks a lady at my class had that from the doctors lost her first stone so stick with the plan.x

Hello!! Good luck for Thursday, it is scary at the beginning and I thought it would take FOREVER to work out the points in things but its amazing how quickly it sticks in your mind! I would advise you to buy the calculator at your first meet, it will be the best investment you make! lol! Good luck!!

Welcome to the WW madhouse ;)

As Jen said, buy the calculator - its invaluable, oh and the Eating Out Guide!

thanks for the welcomes, ive been looking at recipes on here and there are some ill be trying, i am a bit fussy with food though... well alot fussy!
what do i get from the leader on the first day and how much is the calculator please? just so i know how much to take with me on thursday
thanks

Back