First time I have ever cooked from a recipe

Mrs*S

Well not onyl am I enjoying this diet immensely I have just cooked from scratch one of the recipe's from the S/W mag and it was bloody lovely and all free on red day

Chilli and soy glazed steak with stir fry veg, I highly recommend it :)

well done you. there will be no stopping you now. . . Christmas dinner at yours this year. . we are on our way lol xx

Lol, isn't it great! My OH has found a new lease of life making curry's from scratch! (what is it with men and BBQ's/Curry's?) I enjoy it when I get the motivation - but I have none at the mo :(

Well not onyl am I enjoying this diet immensely I have just cooked from scratch one of the recipe's from the S/W mag and it was bloody lovely and all free on red day

Chilli and soy glazed steak with stir fry veg, I highly recommend it :)

WE had this last week and we are going to enjoy it again tomorrow as I got some bargain sirloin steak mmmm :D

Me, my friend and my mum ( both joined sw with me) all talking about this at weigh in. We are really enjoying cooking for the first time and wondered why we ever bought cooking sauces from jars etc.

Mmm, I made the chilli + soy steak a few weeks ago. It was yum! It's so exciting when you cook for yourself from scratch. I must know about 40 recipes off by heart now, 2 years ago I barely knew how to boil pasta! Masterchef here we come eh :)

Are you going to cook anything else from that mag? I recommend the sweet & sour chicken!

I saw that recipe and thought it sounded good. I'll have to try it now.
I made the butternut squash and butterbean stew with couscous last night and that was lovely

I used the pork wrapped in bacon recipe and modified it by using chicken breasts instead and stuffed them and added some mozarella from my hea. Delicious. :D

My fave's recently have been the bolognese pasta bake and the broccoli mac and cheese (pasta pasta pasta!)

Oh and the fabulous white chocolate mousse with white choc buttons and raspberries - I've never 'folded' whisked egg whites before, I felt quite the pro ;)

Esme, I made the mousse too. I used belgian choc options instead and couldn't get raspberries anywhere so used blackberries, it was quite delicious! Had my in laws over for dinner and served that as pud, they didn't believe it was SW friendly! :)

Mmm, I made the chilli + soy steak a few weeks ago. It was yum! It's so exciting when you cook for yourself from scratch. I must know about 40 recipes off by heart now, 2 years ago I barely knew how to boil pasta! Masterchef here we come eh :)

Are you going to cook anything else from that mag? I recommend the sweet & sour chicken!
Funny you should say the Sweet and Sour as I am gonna do that Saturday night!

It's great isn't it, I've discovered the joys of cooking from scratch again too, I make really good spicy curries and the SW cakes and desserts are wonderful - What Diet!!!!

My fave's recently have been the bolognese pasta bake and the broccoli mac and cheese (pasta pasta pasta!)

Oh and the fabulous white chocolate mousse with white choc buttons and raspberries - I've never 'folded' whisked egg whites before, I felt quite the pro ;)

Is the recipe for bolognese pasta bake in the recent SW mag? I'm waiting for Tuesday weigh in to buy it.
If it isn't, would you be able to post the recipe here? It sounds delicious.

I always thought diets were boring but after tasting that last night, when my taste buds exploded in pleasure! i will never think that again :)
I'm gonna buy one of the reciepe books from class on Saturday

Pink Toaster - Ooh I can't remember if it was this months or last months, I'll have a look when I get home! It was in the recipe ideas section for a veggie girl looking for green day options if that rings a bell with anyone?

Otherwise I'll pop it in here a bit later on.. I wish it was home time already!

Which magazine is the white chocolate mousse in please? Would like to make this for Sunday! :D

I bought mine Thurs last week! Not sure if there is a new one now we're into Dec x

Back