First time on Lighter Life - Feeling the burn...

Scotch

Hey everyone, just joining here hopefully for a bit of encouragement and motivation from other people in similiar circumstances! I'm a 32 year old bloke from Glasgow and have struggled with my weight since I was about 20 really. Finally grabbed the bull by the horns and decided I'm going to get to my target weight and stay there!! Lost a lot of weight on Cambridge before but stopped smoking and put a bit back on over a couple of years soooo I joined Lighter Life 2 weeks ago and lost 14lbs in my first week and have lost a few this week so far too. Absolutely focused on the goal in hand but struggling with a bit of acid reflux which is really messing with my mind! Tried some Zantac but a doctors trip is on the cards I feel. Anyway, enough about me, I want to make some good friends in here to keep me going. Thanks for reading! Scotchy McScotcherson! :)

Hiya, welcome! I see you're not new to the VLCD thing, so you know the drill!
We have a LL part of the forum - so if you need any support you know where to go! :D

My partner also started at 25st and lost it all on LL in 2008 - journey didn't take him long. He's kept most of it off actually since then, with the occasional 3-4 stone to lose every few years or so. :)

At least you know it will go very quickly and you'll feel so much better within just a few months. :)

Good luck with your journey - you can do it! :D

Hi Scotch and welcome to the forum, we are all in the same boat mate and all looking for a bit of support and lukily enough you have found the right place ;)

Minerva, that's great that he's managed to keep so much of it off! Well impressed. I'm determined this time. I'll have a look at the LL section for some motivation!

Nice to meet you Caretaker! Some good losses posted there too! :)

Unfortunately our LL section is very, very quiet - quite a lot of people have defected to Slim and Save (what I'm doing now) or other diets.

LL is good if you need the counselling sessions to work on food issues and Wi's to keep in check.
SnS is good if you have the willpower to do it on your own (it's cheaper and packs are better than LL). :D

x

Back