• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

First week headaches?

*honey

Silver Member
Hi ya. I did a bit in my first couple of weeks. Sugar withdrawal for me was the cause. Once i pushed through that i started to feel loads better, more energy and healthier.

Yes, I did a bit. I put it down to suagr withdrawal / body having to readjust / too much sweeener at first (I was doing lots of cooking that involved lots of sweetener - while I don't shun the stuff now like some people, I def think it needs to be used in moderation).

Soon went though.

Headaches can also be caused by dehydration, how is your fluid intake?

xx

The first week was pretty rough, but I put the headaches down to the fact that I wasn't drinking 6 or 7 lattes a day (hmmm, do you think that might have contributed to my weight gain???).

On Friday, someone at work asked me if I had any painkillers and I realised I didn't. Before starting SW I used to have headache tablets in my work drawer, my handbag, the car and at home. Now I don't think I've got any at all which made me realise I don't get headaches, backache, joint pain or migraines at all, when I used to be plagued by all of the above. I don't think it's due to weight loss, as I have a long way to go, but I do think that eating healthily and avoiding all the processed carp has made a real difference.

So, the best advice is to up your water intake and stick with it - it's defintiely worth it in the long run!

yes im with you on that one, i was like something possesed the firset few weeks on plan, i was like a addict coming off something they crave.

headaches, feeling low etc.

give it a few weeks and you will be just fine, i guess your body is detoxing.

MargyParker

My belly this will be!
Withdrawal Symptoms
Caffeine withdrawal symptoms can begin as soon 12 hours after stopping your intake. They are at their worst after 24-48 hours, and can last for up to a week.

• Irritable
  • Restless
  • Muscle stiffness
  • Difficulty concentrating
  • Headaches, moderate to severe
  • Chills and/or hot spells
Excess Caffeine
3 cups of coffee is considered an average or moderate dose, but 10 cups of coffee per day is considered excessive.
  • Jitteriness
  • Difficulty sleeping
  • Headaches
  • Anxiety
  • Flushed face
  • Nausea
  • Accelerated heartbeat
If you are trying to cut down on your caffeine consumption, you can avoid some of the symptoms by doing it slowly. Cutting back by a half cup per day is a recommended pace. If you find yourself needing a cup of something try decaf or experiment with herbal teas.

Caffeine Symptoms

Thanks everyone for your replies - It could be sugar withdrawal (i haven't been using sweetners), I drink black coffee and haven't stopped drinking it this last (I only have 1 or 2 cups a day, the only other hot drink I have are fruit teas) but thinking about it, it must be my fluid intake as I don't think I have been drinking enough. Now off to have a glass of squash (diet squash of course!)

ive always got bad headaches, no idea why. doc prescribed me amitriptoline, cant spell it. still get them sometimes tho