First week headaches?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by beekeeper40, 2 October 2010 Social URL.

1. beekeeper40

beekeeper40 New Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.03%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hello there, started SW last Monday and I am following the vegetarian plan. Since starting I have had a headache nearly every day, nothing to drastic but definitely more headaches than normal. Just wondering whether anyone else has experienced this before?
    Thanks
    Sara

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *honey

*honey Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(8.33%)
    Diet:
    Slim fast
    Hi ya. I did a bit in my first couple of weeks. Sugar withdrawal for me was the cause. Once i pushed through that i started to feel loads better, more energy and healthier.

4. Lucky7

Lucky7 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes, I did a bit. I put it down to suagr withdrawal / body having to readjust / too much sweeener at first (I was doing lots of cooking that involved lots of sweetener - while I don't shun the stuff now like some people, I def think it needs to be used in moderation).

Soon went though.

5. sweet83

sweet83 Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(24.38%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Headaches can also be caused by dehydration, how is your fluid intake?

xx

6. dirtydancing

dirtydancing Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.28%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    i was the same, also are you drinking plenty of water?

7. blissfulbabe

blissfulbabe Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    21st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    17st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The first week was pretty rough, but I put the headaches down to the fact that I wasn't drinking 6 or 7 lattes a day (hmmm, do you think that might have contributed to my weight gain???).

On Friday, someone at work asked me if I had any painkillers and I realised I didn't. Before starting SW I used to have headache tablets in my work drawer, my handbag, the car and at home. Now I don't think I've got any at all which made me realise I don't get headaches, backache, joint pain or migraines at all, when I used to be plagued by all of the above. I don't think it's due to weight loss, as I have a long way to go, but I do think that eating healthily and avoiding all the processed carp has made a real difference.

So, the best advice is to up your water intake and stick with it - it's defintiely worth it in the long run!

8. MargyParker

MargyParker My belly this will be!

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    may be caffiene withdrawal as well if you are drinking less coffee and tea due to restrictions on milk. Hope it passes soon - hang in there!

9. chubbyemma

chubbyemma Silver Member

yes im with you on that one, i was like something possesed the firset few weeks on plan, i was like a addict coming off something they crave.

headaches, feeling low etc.

give it a few weeks and you will be just fine, i guess your body is detoxing.

10. MargyParker

MargyParker My belly this will be!

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    9st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(10%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Withdrawal Symptoms
    Caffeine withdrawal symptoms can begin as soon 12 hours after stopping your intake. They are at their worst after 24-48 hours, and can last for up to a week.

• Irritable
    • Restless
    • Muscle stiffness
    • Difficulty concentrating
    • Headaches, moderate to severe
    • Chills and/or hot spells
    Excess Caffeine
    3 cups of coffee is considered an average or moderate dose, but 10 cups of coffee per day is considered excessive.
    • Jitteriness
    • Difficulty sleeping
    • Headaches
    • Anxiety
    • Flushed face
    • Nausea
    • Accelerated heartbeat
    If you are trying to cut down on your caffeine consumption, you can avoid some of the symptoms by doing it slowly. Cutting back by a half cup per day is a recommended pace. If you find yourself needing a cup of something try decaf or experiment with herbal teas.

Caffeine Symptoms

11. beekeeper40

beekeeper40 New Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3.5lb(2.03%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks everyone for your replies - It could be sugar withdrawal (i haven't been using sweetners), I drink black coffee and haven't stopped drinking it this last (I only have 1 or 2 cups a day, the only other hot drink I have are fruit teas) but thinking about it, it must be my fluid intake as I don't think I have been drinking enough. Now off to have a glass of squash (diet squash of course!)

12. debtdummy

debtdummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13.5lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    ive always got bad headaches, no idea why. doc prescribed me amitriptoline, cant spell it. still get them sometimes tho

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.