First week on CD!! Gonna need some help!

cissie

Hi Everyone, I started CD yesterday really really want to stick to it. Everyone's b4 and after pics look great in here so I am hoping this inspiration will spur me on!!:)

it really does work if you stick to it. Don't be like me and think you can still drink and have the occasional snack, it'll take much longer and you'll look at the results of others and feel left behind.....
I'm going to make today a new start, although I've nearly stuck to it for the last 3 days..nearly!

Thanks Percy, Its great to hear how others are getting on. My first weigh in is Monday 8th Sep so I will let you know how it goes! I am on day two and missing chewing already!!

Stick with it, u will get to were u want to be. Good luck for Monday
sharon xx

Hi Lamaris, not feeling hungry at all today. Forced myself to have a shake this morning and have been dinking my water. The ketostix say I'm already in ketosis although I thought this shouldn't happen until day 3 or 4. But generally I feel quite good. thought day 2 would be harder than it is so far! can't wait for the first weigh in which will hopefully keep me going! thanks for your post it really helps to know there are others out there doing the same as me! :):)

Hi Sharon, thanks for your good wishes! I will hopefully be posting good weight loss soon! good luck to you, you seem to be doing really well

No problem, have you thought about the odd piece of chewing gum? Not sure if you're supposed to but it helps with the breath and the chewing issue. I have week 3 weigh in at 2pm today, so will let you know how it's all gone! Wish me luck....

Hiya
Newbie too on day 3. I spoke to my counsellor yesterday and he said that chewing gum is not advised as the chewing releases juices or something that will make you more hungry. He said you can chew for about 3 mins then spit it out!! SO it's bad breath all round I guess!
Good luck to you! I need it too!

xx

i too have my weigh in on monday i have done this before and lost over 10 stone so i know it does work put 7 back on but lifes cicumstanses sometimes just happen i'm back for good this time

Hi there,

I am a returner having lost 2 stone a couple of years ago, and know the diet works. You have to believe in it, and enjoy the process. It can be tough, but before, I found that celebrating the sucesses instead of dwelling on the difficulties made things much easier.
Try to have small goals instead of one big one, and you will soon be amazed at how soon the weight is falling off and I will hopefully be alongside you :eek:)

stic with it we are all here to help each other and as a restarter my only advise is never leave this site ok and drinkd heaps of water i too get weighed on monday so here goes the beginning of day 3 just keep thinking positive and you will get to were you want to be

thanks to everyone above for your good thoughts and advise. I will post my loss on monday and let you know how it goes, it really helps being on this forum as no one I know around me is doing or has done cd so I now have someone to talk too xx Thanks

Good luck Cissie, sounds like you are doing great :)

Laura x

Hi there Cissie,

First off....welcome to the Cambridge Diet!

I've been on CD (doing Sole Source)for 6 weeks now and I've lost 2 stone 3 lbs so far - its an amazing diet, stick with it even if the first week feels tough at times. Its SO worth it, just wait until you see those scales moving in the right direction every week you get weighed.

You will find loads of support, guidance, information and fun on here - its a great place to stop by and ask questions, share successes, look for a boost, have a lil moan etc.

All the best with CD....

Judders

Hiya
Newbie too on day 3. I spoke to my counsellor yesterday and he said that chewing gum is not advised as the chewing releases juices or something that will make you more hungry. He said you can chew for about 3 mins then spit it out!! SO it's bad breath all round I guess!
Good luck to you! I need it too!xx

Try Listerine strips (in a little blue box and really thin pieces of what looks like plastic) for instant breath freshner, and no hunger pangs like you get if you chew gum (even for a few minutes).....Boots sell them.....they're brilliant!

Thats a good idea actually!
Thanks Minz
Just completed my first week and have lost 9 pounds!!
I'm so happy although yesterday I was VEEEEEEEERY tempted to eat!
Seriously I was gonna order a pizza and everything but my partner stopped me and I'm glad he did!

Back