First week on Xenical

no1gran

A week today I started Xenical, and I have lost 3lbs :( I really thought i would have lost more than this.

For breakfast i usually have porridge with a banana in it. Or i have 2 slices of toast and a banana

Lunch Baked potato with beans or a salad ham sandwich on granary bread and a corner yogurt.
Dinner i have chicken mixed veg and herb salad leaves, or a baked potato with ham and beans, or tikka chicken , then a mixed fruit salad.

I drink Lemon green tea through out the day,along with tap water.

Im very active as I'm a childminder.

Week 1 lost..........3lbs

Last edited:
i feel your pain...:( I am at slimming world also, and for the past 6 weeks i have been happy with my weight loss...and then this week (my first week doing both SW and Xenical) i only lost one lb...i was disappointed too.....if i was loosing 2 / 3 alone, i would have hoped to loose 3 / 4 with Xenical,
i stuck to the SW plan to the letter of the law, lots of walking, and i stuck to the Xenical rules too...:confused:

i will have to stick with it though and keep going!

good luck;) with it!

i feel your pain...:( I am at slimming world also, and for the past 6 weeks i have been happy with my weight loss...and then this week (my first week doing both SW and Xenical) i only lost one lb...i was disappointed too.....if i was loosing 2 / 3 alone, i would have hoped to loose 3 / 4 with Xenical,
i stuck to the SW plan to the letter of the law, lots of walking, and i stuck to the Xenical rules too...:confused:

i will have to stick with it though and keep going!

good luck;) with it!

I do a lot of walking to as i dont drve, i do nursery runs, all so long walks with my friends, we all so go swiming on a Thursday nite . I cant do anything else, i just hope i loose more next wk...
Yeah I'm sticking to it too, its so frustrating . So did you loose just a little the first few wks or are you still loosing little still ?
My husband says I should go bk to the doctors if I'm still loosing 3lbs in a few wks, what do you think ?

Your doctor would laugh you out if the surgery ! 3lb a week is a fantastic result . Xen is not a fat melting pill. It still takes work and patience. Many people on here only lose 1 to 2 lb a week . Me being one of them and believe me I am very grateful for that amount as without xen I'm lucky to actually lose 1/2 lb week

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi

I am only loosing 1.3lbs a week on 1500-1800 a week and doing 2-3 zumba classes a week plus house work, child care etc .. But is ok as its coming off steadily :)

I also know I eat too much some days.. So if I didn't do that I would loose more!

Still sometimes when feeling stressed etc reach for something I shouldn't.. Hard habit to break SIGH :)

hi
i can feel wat u r going through bcoz i m in the same boat
lost 3lbs 1st week n next week nothing
but i can feel difference in the dresses
as my hubby says, somthng i piled on foe 4 years will atleast take 4-6 months
on top, i feel if u dont hafto loose too much or if ur body is habitual of working out etc its more harder to give it a shock :rolleyes:

I have noticed my clothes are looser, I have also been taking down my measurements every so often in a mth I have lost 14 inches, that was b4 takin Xenical . When I was on cd at the end it was inches that was cumin off and not the weight, it's weird how our body works eh ? I have been given 6mths of these capsules so I will keep takin them, even takin them when we go on holiday for a wk to Portugal :)

no1gran said:
I have noticed my clothes are looser, I have also been taking down my measurements every so often in a mth I have lost 14 inches, that was b4 takin Xenical . When I was on cd at the end it was inches that was cumin off and not the weight, it's weird how our body works eh ? I have been given 6mths of these capsules so I will keep takin them, even takin them when we go on holiday for a wk to Portugal :)

Well 3rd wk in and lost 1lb this wk better than nothing I suppose ?

no1gran said:
Well 3rd wk in and lost 1lb this wk better than nothing I suppose ?

I've slowed down too but my measurements are also reducing which is a great incentive to keep going. Lots of walks in the Portugese sunshine will help you.

78storm said:
I've slowed down too but my measurements are also reducing which is a great incentive to keep going. Lots of walks in the Portugese sunshine will help you.

I walk every day here up and down to nursery then Sch lol I'm a childminder so don't get to sit down for too long

no1gran said:
I walk every day here up and down to nursery then Sch lol I'm a childminder so don't get to sit down for too long

But the Portuguese walking will be different as it's for you not for someone else. The challenge of being on the go all day is working out how to burn even more calories in what little time is left for you.

I had a long weekend in the Algarve in April & did lots of walking to look at sights, get to a different photo spot etc. Somehow being on holiday & exploring new places means I don't mind going that bit further to see what's around the next corner.

I do a lot of walking to as i dont drve, i do nursery runs, all so long walks with my friends, we all so go swiming on a Thursday nite . I cant do anything else, i just hope i loose more next wk...
Yeah I'm sticking to it too, its so frustrating . So did you loose just a little the first few wks or are you still loosing little still ?
My husband says I should go bk to the doctors if I'm still loosing 3lbs in a few wks, what do you think ?

well on Xen, i had 1lb the first week, 5lb the 2nd week, and 3lb this week,
i would be more than happy with 3lb a week if thats what it levels off to be,

i am sticking to slimming world very strictly, and walking 10 walks a week, so i think that alone should get you a 2lb loss, so with Xen , hopefully its boosted to 3lb,

but how knows...the body is a very funny thing;)

how you finding being on it, have you changed your eating habits....suffered the side effects?

i think following slimming world is helping me with the Xen too,

hello , ive been taking xenical for 3 weeks now, 1st week lost 4 and half lbs , on 2nd week lost 1 and half which ive been really happy with im also following weight watchers plan but kept away from eggs and red meat, i do gym twice a week and zumba and swimming once a week , ive started to notice the difference since taking xenical and hasnt had no problems since taking these (fingers crossed) :) x

Hi, just thought i would pop by and say hello and welcome to the xenical forum, we all lose at different rates. Some lose more to start and then slow down and then other have a more consistent loss each week so i wouldnt worry too much once its coming off. Good luck on your journey :)

Well lost 9lb since 16th Aug so I'm well chuffed with myself and so is the doctor. Still going to keep takin them when um on holiday, and if I feel like something I just won't take my tablets :). And everyone does loose weight differently as king as I keep loosing I will be a happy bunny :) x

Rachgleeson said:
9lb is brilliant, well done. You are right to be pleased with yourself, What were doing isnt easy so every pound off is a great achievement!!

Where you off to on your holidays? could do with a nice break myself, but not from the diet like i did last time, :eek:

Away to Portugal 2wks on Thur so need this break, only had 2days of this year. Like I said still going to be taking Xenical can't wait till I go bk to the doc on the 1st Nov going to try and stay off my scales since they were wrong lol x

Hope you have a lovely holiday :)

Back