First week was awful, has this happened to anyone else...

L.i.n.d.a

Fatgirlwannabeslim
I know this eating plan works, so why am i sabotaging myself. I csn blame the weather getting colder..stress..etc but at the end of the day, I am the one putting the food in my mouth. Need to get myself together and try, try again. I dont want to be old and fat..

Hi Linda,

I can only assume (if you are anything like me) that your head wasn't in the right place to start off with. That is 99% of the battle in my mind. It is all about preparation. Prepare, over this next week. Studying menu ideas, buying in all the food and ridding your cupboards of all the nasties lurking in them :D

There is so much support on here, so please just ask for help/advice if you need it. Or just come and chat.

Good luck x

hi

you are so right it is about my head.

I know that this only works when I prepare and have the right frame of mind. But I am also my own worst enemy.
Think thw real key is having the right support. This is the best place i have found that actually helps.

I am a yo yo dieter and its evry time I think i can go it alone that i fail!!

So tonight I start again. Have got a final goal and will then break that down to mini goals.
xx

I know this eating plan works, so why am i sabotaging myself. I csn blame the weather getting colder..stress..etc but at the end of the day, I am the one putting the food in my mouth. Need to get myself together and try, try again. I dont want to be old and fat..

Tell us a bit more about what went wrong in the first week hun, was it eating the wrong foods and did this impact on your weight? I'm sure there are some positives you can take from this week like changing some habits? Focus on them for now. It doesn't happen magically overnight and I am only starting to see myself it is a matter of persistence and sticking with it rather than perfection week in week out.

What is going on when you sabotage yourself? Is is finding things to eat at certain meal times (brekkie seems to be a tough one for a lot of people), having to make things differently to how you would normally, eating when stressed etc or not being sure of the plan. Have a look at what has sent you off course, so next time it happens you are prepared for it, and stand a better chance of doing something different. :)

I find the most important reason for losing weight is that you are doing it for yourself and not for anyone else. You've got to want to do it rather than you feel you have to.

Thanks for your advice. It is my head...stress...life...still unemployed. Wanna do sw right but head all over place :'(

L.i.n.d.a said:
Thanks for your advice. It is my head...stress...life...still unemployed. Wanna do sw right but head all over place :'(

Just tell yourself that eating wont change the situation youre stressed about. Plus eating healthier will leave u better equipped for stressful situations.

Back