First Week Weigh In - Not Sure How I Feel

JoolsG

So today was my first weigh in. I did weigh myself on my scales this morning, as I did before I went to meet my CDC for the first time.

That first time I weighed 14st 0.5lb on mine and 14st 1.0lb on hers. This morning I met with her and was told that I had lost 7lb - not bad but not as good as mine which showed a weight loss of 9.5lbs. I weighed 13st 5.5lb on mine and 13st 8lb on hers, so I'm a bit disappointed - stupid, right? Should I just accept the 7lb and count it a good loss or go by my scales which have always been fairly accurate before... She says she's happy to not weigh me and I can use my scales for my weight loss...

Bleh, not too keen on my CDC either so all in all feeling a bit flat today.

My first weigh in is next Tuesday and I hope I have a 7lb loss that's half a stone which is brilliant. Well done I think as for the scales do what you thinks best. :)

jools and 7lb weight loss is fab!!! i can understand though if you'd got your hopes up. just stick to one set of scales but your choice which ones.
eeks dont know what to say - just that 7lb is fab in just 1 week!
lola x

Either scales in my opinion, as long as you stick to the same ones to gauge your losses it doesnt matter. But then, what seems like an indifferent attitude from your CDC...I don't know. If you don't feel comfortable with them, is there another in your area you can change to? Well done on your loss by the way! X

Thanks for the support everyone. I've been thinking about this a lot today and had pretty much thought the same, that I should just pick one set of scales and stick with them - so I'm choosing mine (after all that's all I'll have when I'm no longer seeing a CDC) and so I am claiming my 9lb loss :D This will probably come back to bite me next week but hey ho, at the end of the day it will all even out.

So - I lost 9lbs this week!!!!

Good shout there I think JoolsG! Well done! Keep on going! X

after 3 weeks I worked out that my scales is about 1-2 pounds heavier than my CDC's (my scales is quite ****ed to be fair!)

7 pounds, 8 pounds, all good :p as long the scales is going down thats all that matters

You are completely right - a loss, is a loss, is a loss at the end of the day. My scales are pretty accurate and as I'm going to use them after I finish this diet, for maintenance, I'm going to use my scales all the way through this diet. Who knows there may be a day when I will lose more according to my CDC scales than my own but I'm still going to go with mine :D

Doesn't matter which, so long as you stick to one set of scales. I only see my CDC every few weeks, so I use mine and, as you say, they are the ones I'm going to be using once I've hit target and I'm on my own!

Congrats on the loss!

hiya, don't be disheartened by the differences between your scales and hers. im in the same position, i often weigh myself at home and my weight can literally go up and down by 2/3lb every day and has never once been the same as her scales. there may be a number of reasons why her scales were different to yours,the time of day you weigh in is important, whether you've just drank lots of water and not gone for a wee yet is also a factor. either stick to her scales or yours, don't measure your progress using both because it wont work. i only ever use my scales to see, in general, how im getting on but i use her scales as a means of seeing my actual progress. 7lb in the first week is an incredible loss anyway, so you ought to be very proud :D

rach6288 said:
Well done on your loss, its great! X

Thanks Rach! How are you doing? When did you start CD?

Back