first week weight loss? Has everyone lost on there first week?

abbey18

Hey

I wondered if anyone could help its my 1st weigh in tomoorow and i just got on the scales and i havnt lost a pound ! Ive been doing the diet 100% and have not had one bad thing this week. I wondered if anyone else didnt lose at all or didnt loose much there 1st week. Its made me worry a bit now that even if i am sticking to it that im not going to loose anything.

The scales only matter on the official weigh in day and time so don't worry Hun.
Our weight fluctuates all the time and although I'm guilty of having sneaky peeks on the scales the only ones that really matter are on a Thurs evening at class. xxx

I am new to Slimming World (well ok a returning member!!). I only lost 1lb in my first week - second weigh in tomorrow (if I can get there because of all the snow). I don't normally weigh myself between group meetings - never have done, BUT was a bit disappointed with only a 1lb loss (although a loss is better than a gain) so I weighed myself yesterday on my mums scales. Showed a 2lb loss - hoping thats right and it shows on the scales tomorrow but generally I wouldn't recommend it. You might end up being disappointed if the scales are way out.

I'm gonna see how it goes tomorrow then and hopefully I might of list something. Yea it's true I need to try not to weigh myself in the week tho I think that's the thing I'm gonna struggle with ! X

Don't worry, stick with it, it's not meant to be dramatic weight loss. You might just be retaining water. Oh and [TMI alert] try and have a big poo before you go for your weigh-in :D

I only lost a pound my first week but then went on to lose four the following week and got slimmer of the week. In total I've shifted four stone even though I had a slow start so don't be too disheartened if you don't shift much at first - you'll gt there if you stick to plan.

DO NOT WEIGH YOURSELF AT HOME!!!! - I did in my first week (mid-week, just to please my mum, to prove to her that it worked) - according to her scales I'd lost about 5lbs. Got to group and had GAINED 1lb! The second week I lost 5lb. In total I've lost 6 1/2 stone and have been maintaining target for nearly a year.

as everyone else says, don't weigh in between!

otherwise, have you done a food diary for your consultant? if you haven't lost then its important she can see what you've been eating and what you haven't been eating and maybe see if you've been going wrong somewhere xx

Slow start for me. The main group weigh in is the only one that counts. I am hopeing you will be suprised in the end. Fingeres crossed for you xx

i lost 3.5lb in my first week but don't weigh myself inbetween as i've had it before where i weigh myself at home and it's been completely different. Haven't got any scales anymore apart from the wii so when i go on that i don't really take much notice of what it says

I was lucky I lost 5 in my first week but there was quite a few who didn't lose, some even put on, it takes us all different amounts of time to get used to it, especially with hormonal weight fluctuations. L

In the past I usually gain a pound in the first week then loose then stay the same and it all repeats again. This time back first week stayed the same and next two weeks I lost 2 lb. at the end if the day it's the monthly totals I look for bit the weekly.

Back